Packed tent will not delete from database, reappear (with gear) every restart

anthonypull

Question

This is a huge huge huge bug we're having on my server. If you repack a tent, with or without items, it comes back on server restart in the state it was in before packing it. I checked out the database and realized that when packing a tent nothing changes, it is not "Destroyed". Anyone have any idea how to destroy a tent in DB when it's packed by player?

For the time being I've temporarily disabled the ability to pack a tent.

8 answers to this question

Well I guess no one can pack tents for now. I know there has to be a way to resolve it because I've seen other servers where this functionality works.

In case anyone is wondering, this is how I stopped players from packing tents. There is a numerical option you can change but it didn't work for me so I just commented out the entire tent pack section as such....

//Packing my tent

//if(_isTent and (player distance _cursorTarget < 3)) then {
//if (_ownerID == dayz_characterID) then {
//if (s_player_packtent < 0) then {
//s_player_packtent = player addAction [localize "str_actions_self_07", "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\tent_pack.sqf",_cursorTarget, 0, false, true, "",""];
//};
//} else {
//if(("ItemJerrycan" in _magazinesPlayer) and ("ItemMatchbox_DZE" in weapons player)) then {
//if (s_player_packtent < 0) then {
//s_player_packtent = player addAction [localize "STR_EPOCH_ACTIONS_DESTROYTENT", "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\remove.sqf",_cursorTarget, 1, true, true, "", ""];
//};
//};
//};
//} else {
//player removeAction s_player_packtent;
//s_player_packtent = -1;
//};

Where did you comment all that out dude?

Fucking tent dupes are driving me nuts..... I'd sooner just get rid of tents all together than to have this problem.

It's been an issue for a long time but it's resurfacing again.

It's in your FN_SelfActions.sqf

It's a shitty solution but no more tent duping. Hope this helps.

We discovered the same issue a while back and decided to remove the Pack tent option from the action menu as well.

What we found out is that the items only get duped when one packs the tent with the items in it (they drop on the floor after packing).

If one empties the tent and then packs it, the tent will spawn back empty on restart.

We discovered the same issue a while back and decided to remove the Pack tent option from the action menu as well.

What we found out is that the items only get duped when one packs the tent with the items in it (they drop on the floor after packing).

If one empties the tent and then packs it, the tent will spawn back empty on restart.

Yup exactly, what it does is simply not remove it's entry from database, so however it was when you hit pack is how it comes back in game.