Getting Data from Hive into Variable

Mochan

Question

So I am working on this little project and I had this idea to have a custom field in the character_Data rows, and then on executing the script it calls that, puts that data into a variable. And from there I can do what I want with it. 

I have looked through infistar antihack as I saw he has a spawn hive, so I can see it is possible to ''speak#'' to the hive, and from the code it looks like he is using SQL Terms? 

(also I am not stealing the code; just wanted to see if its possible)

Cheers! 

~Mochan

6 answers to this question

Hi man. You need to use Arma2NET for such things as the Epoch .dll does not allow it (yet, as i still hope they might listen to us......)

With that you can write your own SQL functions and basically do whatever you want in the database, if you need more explanation or have questions just pm me ;)

So I am working on this little project and I had this idea to have a custom field in the character_Data rows, and then on executing the script it calls that, puts that data into a variable. And from there I can do what I want with it. 

I have looked through infistar antihack as I saw he has a spawn hive, so I can see it is possible to ''speak#'' to the hive, and from the code it looks like he is using SQL Terms? 

(also I am not stealing the code; just wanted to see if its possible)

Cheers! 

~Mochan

For what you want to do, check out the player_tagFriendly.sqf, fn_damageactions.sqf.

The Tag Friendly functionality uses a nested array in the character_data -> current state field and acesses it to store tagged frienly info.  You can only do this on text based fields but adding an extra array in the inventory or backpack field could open up many more possibilities.

Recording and accessing the object you have the data stored in may be another issue though if it is not the current player or an object the player is looking at.

RB