Duplicating inventory with custom vehicles

vangrunz

Question

Hello Epoch Developers and Players!

Although I'm playing DayZ Epoch (ArmA 2 variant) for several years now, I'm starting today my first post of bug report.

I'm playing on a private server on a friend of mine who is also the admin.

Now, he decided to add a few custom vehicles, such as tanks like M4A1, M4A2 and a T-72, for example. These vehicles do not seem to be handled in the same way the normal vehicles are done. If I gear and change inventory in a T-72, the changes are not saved in the database unless I sit in the tank.

This can be used for cheating -- or for trashing your items. Put items in the tank without sitting in after, and the things are lost.

Put things in the tank, sit in, wait for a server restart, loot the inventory without sitting in, and await the next server restart, and all the loot is back again.

Due to popularity of new vehicles, I assume that several public servers are affected by this problem, too. One could make a lot of Hotwire Kits or Chainsaws -- without cheating the code.

If someone knows a fix, please let me know. This affects not only the latest version, as, like I said, I play Epoch for several years. When DayZ Mod was von 1.7.x, the problem in Epoch was there, too.

Thanks and happy zombie fragging,

van Grunz

2 answers to this question