PBO Troubles, need help

Dountill

Question

Hi Folks,

I was trying to install some addons/mods to my DayZ Epoch (lan) server (1.0.4.2). But after a few tries the mods were not working, and at the end my server stopped working as well. It's working again (back-up) but i still would like to see some of the mods working on my server. Maybe someone here already got the missionfiles with the things i like?

I am looking for:

Self Blood
Missions
Towing, lifting (not for locked vehicles)
Friend ESP
No maintence for base , toggle snapping (no plot pole required?)
Tradeplaces = safezone
Daytime only
Take clothes
Auto refuell (at petrolstation)

Or if someone would like to help me getting it fixed, all help is welcome!

8 answers to this question

What is your arma2OAserver.RPT log showing in terms of errors? 

Most likely we have what you need, but perhaps it was just a tiny thing that caused your setup to implode - would be a good thing to check and see what problems you had before you subject the server to changes again. :) 

Also, you mention "(lan) server" - is this meaning you are hosting it on a computer and you all play in a closed network?  Or did I misunderstand? 

What is your arma2OAserver.RPT log showing in terms of errors? 

Most likely we have what you need, but perhaps it was just a tiny thing that caused your setup to implode - would be a good thing to check and see what problems you had before you subject the server to changes again. :)

Also, you mention "(lan) server" - is this meaning you are hosting it on a computer and you all play in a closed network?  Or did I misunderstand? 

I read earlier about the rpt file. Where can i find it? I already deleted the serverfiles that gave me an error (there were not that much mods in it yet, and i failed already :p).

About the lan-part. Thats right. We only play on a closed local network.

The RPT logs are usually found in the folder that houses the main config.cfg files, and in some cases also the hiveext.ini. 

A lot of server hosts have it set up differently, so it's hard to tell in individual cases - which is usually why everyone asks "what host are you using?" when people asks for help. Knowing the host, usually also makes it know where we can expect to find files in what folders and such.

For most errors in the rpt you can hit Control F to pull up a search box and type in the given script name and it should lead you to it. But another friendly tip which everyone will agree to here is if you're just starting to learn these things don't try to add to many scripts at once, add one script then test the server then if you add another one and something breaks you know exactly what the problem is.

EDIT: I'm currently not doing anything so if you'd like to add me on skype which you can PM me for I can get all of these scripts added for you in a few moments but I'd rather have you try a few times yourself first. I made the mistake of having someone load my server up when I first got into it then I had to redo the whole thing and learn the ropes myself when it messed up.

EDIT2: And as far as making your server daytime only this will be done in the hiveext.ini you'd be looking for this

[Time]
;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
Type = Static //set this to static make sure you uncomment it by removing the ; if it isnt already
;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
Offset = -12
;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
Hour = 18 //set this to around 10-15 for a good daytime it may vary depending on where you are located but you can play around with it.

For most errors in the rpt you can hit Control F to pull up a search box and type in the given script name and it should lead you to it. But another friendly tip which everyone will agree to here is if you're just starting to learn these things don't try to add to many scripts at once, add one script then test the server then if you add another one and something breaks you know exactly what the problem is.

EDIT: I'm currently not doing anything so if you'd like to add me on skype which you can PM me for I can get all of these scripts added for you in a few moments but I'd rather have you try a few times yourself first. I made the mistake of having someone load my server up when I first got into it then I had to redo the whole thing and learn the ropes myself when it messed up.

EDIT2: And as far as making your server daytime only this will be done in the hiveext.ini you'd be looking for this

[Time]
;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
Type = Static //set this to static make sure you uncomment it by removing the ; if it isnt already
;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
Offset = -12
;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
Hour = 18 //set this to around 10-15 for a good daytime it may vary depending on where you are located but you can play around with it.

Thanks! I send you a PM with my Skypename. I'm online for ~13 hours from now.