Salvage Vehicle Parts & RPT Help

Diesel Weasel

Question

I have two things that I need some help with currently.

1. Is there a script or edit that will allow players to strip more than wheels and glass from vehicles? I know of the ones for vanilla but I don't want to start mixing oil and water. We just swapped over to Napf so it's new grounds for us.

2. We had our server wiped clean when we changed maps and ever since our RPT has been getting spammed and I can't figure it out. I have looked it over a hundred times. The file in question is my server_functions and has only had one edit to it, which involved the one line of code to run Infistar. Nothing else has been touched.

RPT:

http://pastebin.com/yG0Fyrjr

server_functions.sqf:

http://pastebin.com/PzN0ZnqL

Please help us out. Any other observations about our RPT would be greatly appreciated. I'm still learning and working at getting everything working smoothly. 

5 answers to this question

I have two things that I need some help with currently.

2. We had our server wiped clean when we changed maps and ever since our RPT has been getting spammed and I can't figure it out. I have looked it over a hundred times. The file in question is my server_functions and has only had one edit to it, which involved the one line of code to run Infistar. Nothing else has been touched.

RPT:

http://pastebin.com/yG0Fyrjr

server_functions.sqf:

http://pastebin.com/PzN0ZnqL

Please help us out. Any other observations about our RPT would be greatly appreciated. I'm still learning and working at getting everything working smoothly. 

For the error: 

When you said your server was wiped clean, did that also include the DB? More specifically, the object table that holds all buildable _AND_ current existing vehicles? 

If it was not, and you simply applied a new map without removing the vehicles, then it will likely try to spawn in the vehicles and not be able to make sense of the coordinate system (different values for different maps).

Also, try to remove the second set of [ ]  from the AH initialization at the top so it looks like this: 

[] spawn {execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\init\AH.sqf";};

At first when we wiped the server it was to fix some errors. We intended on keeping the map Cherno so we kept the database. We had a hiccup and had to wait for our host to fix a stuck file and during that we learned the vast majority of our players were tired of Cherno. We all decided on Napf and once I was able to we changed it over. That was when I went to the database and deleted everything from it. Vehicles have been spawning as they should. We're getting far better FPS than we did on Cherno.

I co-own the server with my fiancé, he does the in game work while I do the Admin work. My laptop has something preventing me from playing games right now, the temp hits 200° in minutes. In Cherno my FPS would be 9-5 at any given time. On the new map I was running around 22. Many of our players have doubled or tripled their FPS from usual, not just our server.

I'm on my way to a doc appointment but when I get back I'll try taking out the brackets, thank you! You wouldn't happen to know anything about Infistar causing normal players to have rapid fire melee weapons, do you? When they try to cut down trees they cut down instantly and give no wood.

I'm on my way to a doc appointment but when I get back I'll try taking out the brackets, thank you! You wouldn't happen to know anything about Infistar causing normal players to have rapid fire melee weapons, do you? When they try to cut down trees they cut down instantly and give no wood.

Sounds like an issue with the current AH build - I advice that you submit a ticket to either Blur or infiStar, depending on where you got it. 

As for your issue - have you tried to do a clean install of the server & mission files?