Disable Location Text

Achmed

Question

On my server we run Sauerland and use the halo spawn. The problem is if people spawn in an area they dont want to be in they just dont open there parachute until they get a spawn they like.

To combat this i have moved all spawns near towns but i also want to remove the spawn location txt.

I have followed the info here http://opendayz.net/threads/disable-location-text.14591/ and removed it for when you enter a town however im not sure on the next part....

If you want to remove the info text when you spawn in it is a little more difficult. It is in these two files:

@DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code\intro.sqf 
@DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.fsm

Firstly i dont have a "@DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code\intro.sqf" file. Has it been moved/removed?

also what needs to be edited in the "@DayZ_Epoch\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.fsm" file?

I have had a look at the file and think it would be this but im unsure. Can some one have a look at it for me and let me know pls.

"_world = toUpper(worldName); //toUpper(getText (configFile >> ""CfgWorlds"" >> (worldName) >> ""description""));" \n
       "_nearestCity = nearestLocations [getPos player, [""NameCityCapital"",""NameCity"",""NameVillage"",""NameLocal""],1000];" \n
       "Dayz_logonTown = ""Wilderness"";" \n
       "" \n
       "if (count _nearestCity > 0) then {Dayz_logonTown = text (_nearestCity select 0)};" \n
       "" \n
       "_first = [_world,Dayz_logonTown,localize (""str_player_06"") + "" "" + str(_days)] spawn BIS_fnc_infoText;" \n
       "" \n
       "Dayz_logonTime = daytime;" \n
       "Dayz_logonDate = dayz_Survived;" \n
       "" \n

1 answer to this question