Adding Items in Editor

iKarma

I decided to use the 3D editor to plan out a base at Zub, but when I open the vehicles tab to spawn in the floors, walls, and whatever else, they are not in any of the menus. I tried looking around on various forums but there hasn't been anything about my specific problem. I have Epoch enabled in my extensions along with DayZ and have tried to spawn in the base parts in both Chenarus and the DayZ choices in the Alt - E menu. I have also tried using older versions of Epoch, DayZ, and Arma 2, but I can't get the problem to fix.

launch game with the following parameters 

"-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@DayZ_Epoch;" -nosplash -emptyworld

ALT + E

Pick Chernarus from the list =)

F10 - create center

F2 - create a group

F1 - Create a unit

Now hit F5 - create vehicle

now scroll down until you hit

Objects (Fortications)

Xqp7iNv.jpg

This is were most of the Epoch building stuff is =)

It still didn't work, I copied just those parameters in the launch parameters in Commander, went into Chenarus, did center, group, unit, and there still aren't any of the floors and walls in the Fortifications menu. I have been in this editor for tens of hours making epoch bases, I can't figure out why it isn't working.

Another potential issue, I have all my DLC's on one steam account and my legit OA on another, when we ran a server an admin accidentally turned on BattlEye when we were testing recently purchased antihacks and got the boot, so I got another.

• 3 months later...

launch game with the following parameters 

"-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@DayZ_Epoch;" -nosplash -emptyworld

Would these parameters still work being that we're not using the beta anymore?  My internet has been shitting out on me and I'd like to edit the map while I'm not connected, but I can't get it to launch the Epoch content unless I first connect to an Epoch server.. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong.  I'd like to launch the editor straight from an executable and load Epoch(and Overwatch) items.  Will the quoted parameter still work.. or rather, what you create will be compatible with the recent updates?  If you can't tell the whole beta and recent conglomerate of updates thing has me baffled.

Would these parameters still work being that we're not using the beta anymore?  My internet has been shitting out on me and I'd like to edit the map while I'm not connected, but I can't get it to launch the Epoch content unless I first connect to an Epoch server.. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong.  I'd like to launch the editor straight from an executable and load Epoch(and Overwatch) items.  Will the quoted parameter still work.. or rather, what you create will be compatible with the recent updates?  If you can't tell the whole beta and recent conglomerate of updates thing has me baffled.

Just had a look, and tested it with new launch paramaters.

BTW: It still works The method above :/

Just launch like the following, just change were your arma installed if its different.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=Expansion;@DayZ_Epoch;" -nosplash -emptyworld

This will take you to the epoch multiplayer menu

then hit ALT + E and away you go