Help to keep database clean and a few more questions.

mat2k

Question

Greetings everyone,

Question 1:

we got a server, where the decay function is disabled.

We intend to reactivate decay in a month or so, to make sure that every unused player bases are deleted.

Now my question: Can i just set decay to let's say 14 days? Because the items have a timestamp in the database?!

Or do i have to reset the timestamps? I fear that if i reactivate decay, every player build structures are gone...

I really searched for a sql like this, but i couldn't find it -_-

Alternative: How do you keep your database clean? We already have the SQL-Event to delete damaged vehicles.

Question 2:

We got lots of locked cars on the map which are unused. Those vehicles prevent new vehicle spawn.

Is there a way to set a SQL function that deletes all vehicles which were unused / untouched for let's say 10 days?

The same thing would be nice to do with untouched vaults after 14 days.

Question 3:

Can anyone tell me whats the "critical" size of an epoch database? Ours got about 2,5 mb after two weeks.

Thank you in advance

1 answer to this question

Hello,

first, sry for my English, its not my main language, I am Swiss/Talk German

To Point 1 : Just update the timestamp and the lastupdated to curdate and reactivate Decay.

To Point 2 : Never done it before but should be possible with some work :) I am not a pro at MYSQL Snytax. Use 'last_updated' in combination 'IN classname(classname1,classname2,etc)' 

To Point 3 : Well, when our Server was under the Top 100 we had arround 8MB in our DB and all was fine, but we are on a dedicated machine. Some guys had a server on nitrado.net and got lags after about 4MB. They asked us if they can host on our machine and we did so --> Worked all fine. So its better to rent or teamup with other Servers to grow up. If you want you also can host on our machine or join our Main Server. Only thing    you need  is to bring at least 5 active Players so that it is worth the Work. If you want to do this contact me via mail "[email protected]" or on our HP : www.4blocklp.de . And NO, this isn't ad, it's just what I experinced in 1 Year of hosting Servers in DayZ.

Greetz

Larmos2011