removing weapons from vehicles

ekroemer

Question

Hi all,

we have a relatively civilized Epoch server and in order to cap the worst excesses we have removed many of the cars/helis that are simultanously well armored and well armed.

Sadly this leads to a lack of diversity, so we very much would like to change some of the vehicles, for example remove the gun from the ArmoredSUV or those weapons from helis that can be used by the pilot.

We tried the method described here http://www.opendayz.net/threads/tutorial-remove-weapons-replace-weapons-on-vehicles.11070/ but didn't get any reaction to the scripts - it seems what works well on other DayZ mods doesn't work with Epoch at all.

Did anyone get anything like this to work? Even only reducing the ammo amount would be great.

@vbawol:

if this cannot be done because Epoch prevents it by design, can you suggest/do anything that would allow this kind of customization?

I don't want to build a HelloKitty with a chaingun but I think the wish for a way to downgrade vehicles by removing weapons, or ammo, is a valid one - every time we allow one of the more powerful vehicles there comes some kid, runs amok at the coast and we have a lot of complaints from the regular users. The we take the vehicle out, again, and get a lot of complaints from bored regulars :-(

Stating rules obiously doesn't work when you have no way of enforcing them and we really don't want to switch to whitelisting.

For all I care I could live with a BEC-rule that kicks someone who fires a certain weapon :-)

As I stated in another thread, the most natural way to ensure some balance (but also the most elaborate one, I'm afraid) would be to spawn all vehicles without ammo and make them reloadable by the player with ammo he needs to find/buy. That way every bullet would have its pricetag and by setting prices you could finetune the balance between havoc and boredom.

3 answers to this question

I'm not the only one. It´s a small consolation. ;)

I've already got some tips with "removeWeapon & removeWeaponglobal" but that does not help unfortunately or I am doing it wrong?!

What I don´t understand - the UH1Y has also a heavy armament but in epoch it is disabled. So there must be a possibility to remove the Hydra.
Now I play here a while, without any solution. This is driving me crazy. :blink: