Quick Question ("Missions.DIR")

ThatGamer_Bullet

Question

(for the now fifth time, I'm getting pretty good at this and have started simultaneously documenting every step, including illustrations and backupfiles which I intend to alleviate the confusion caused by language barriers and instructions made by much better educated people than many of the fanbase)

Once I have a vanilla DayZ_Epoch server running on my private LAN I'm starting by adding AdminTools to make the testing of other addon functionality easier, since I'll be able to just spawn in whatever equipment / tools I need to test out each new addon as I go.

But many instructions assume a remotely hosted server.

Since I'm doing it locally, by just copying a template mission folder and its corresponding batch from

"D:\SteamLibraryD\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Config-Examples"

and pasting them both into

"D:\SteamLibraryD\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\"

The server appears to run from the directory

"D:\SteamLibraryD\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\instance_11_Chernarus"

So when I get to step#2 of

https://github.com/gregariousjb/Epoch-Admin-Tools

Which says: 

Log into your server via FTP or your host's File Manager. Locate, download, and unpack (using PBO Manager or a similar PBO editor) your MPMissions/Your_Mission.pbo, and open the resulting folder.

Would I substitute those instructions with "Open "Instance_11_Chernarus" in my root OA folder" (as I listed it above)

"D:\SteamLibraryD\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\instance_11_Chernarus"

Because previously, I had been using a spray-and-pray method of coding, with mirror scripts / coding in multiple folders (the folder Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\ comes immediately to mind) , and it was just much too messy for my OCD tendencies, hence the fifth install...

So would someone kindly, once and for all resolve this confusion for me. When, if ever, do I need to modify the mission folder inside the MPMission directory.

2 answers to this question

Thank you so much!

I'd been doing it backwards then. So many instructions simply reference "the mission folder" but there are so many that may or may not be utilized, including the mission folders in addons like DayZ and Day_Epoch.pbo, without specifics, the only way I knew how to for sure implement things was a spray-and-pray shotgun style of coding EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE. lol