How do you admin your server?

I've seen some admin tools out there, there's n8tm4re's web-based tool, and then there's some in-game tools that basically work like a hack usable only by admins, and then there might be some other tools other than editing the database manually. But how do you admin your server (that isn't hosted and come with a custom admin panel)?

For example:

1. Some players destroy a base, you want to grant them building components (or restore the base) how would you deal with that?

2. You want to revive a player who died, or got a permanent unconscious state from server network issues...

3. You want to compensate a guy who lost all his building materials from something due to a bug (edit inventory)

How do you deal with this as an admin? What tool do you use? Is there a need for something to do all of the above or more, more efficiently?

I created a few custom PHP scripts that would convert database backups into time slices along with area slices, so I am able to restore a certain area of a map and see who was where and what happened based on the database backups.

They are not at all secure, and still have a lot of improvement.

Might package them into a tool set soon..

I've seen some admin tools out there, there's n8tm4re's web-based tool, and then there's some in-game tools that basically work like a hack usable only by admins, and then there might be some other tools other than editing the database manually. But how do you admin your server (that isn't hosted and come with a custom admin panel)?

For example:

1. Some players destroy a base, you want to grant them building components (or restore the base) how would you deal with that?

2. You want to revive a player who died, or got a permanent unconscious state from server network issues...

3. You want to compensate a guy who lost all his building materials from something due to a bug (edit inventory)

How do you deal with this as an admin? What tool do you use? Is there a need for something to do all of the above or more, more efficiently?

all these things can be done using the database.

1. Add a (pre-setup) backpack filled with building supplies

2. Isdead (or isalive) value

3. edit gear

For example:

infiSTAR all the way brah

I created a few custom PHP scripts that would convert database backups into time slices along with area slices, so I am able to restore a certain area of a map and see who was where and what happened based on the database backups.

I like the sound of this, very interested to check it out :)

That would be amazing :P

You'll see once you get populated :D

which is basically my point :p my server isnt supposed to be a 50 players server. thats the reason i said I dont need it on MY server ;) i got my ~15 regular players which are on my server for months now so personally i dont need tools 

Everything important can be done through the sql. Infistar can do most of these things too, but infistar can also do non-hive related stuff.

For lost materials it depends on how it went missing, but I modded infistar to spawn boxes, but i can also do a player rollback or a safe rollback with the hivelog.

In short: you can do all the important stuff in the database too, infistar is just a tool that makes this a bit easier , with the luxury of cheaters getting caught more easily. At first i didn't want to pay for it and wanted to try writing my own, but considering the amount of time it would have cost me, the 40 dollar for infistar was quite well spent.

also im a douche, I do very little support for my players, since they are all victims of the same bugs anyway. I tell them to play careful and sort stuff out theirselves :P Fair Play Policy

which is basically my point :P my server isnt supposed to be a 50 players server. thats the reason i said I dont need it on MY server ;) i got my ~15 regular players which are on my server for months now so personally i dont need tools 

... it only takes one to ruin months of your regulars gameplay..... but good for you.