Some newbie questions

Codde

Hey, gonna try epoch today for the first time with my friend and I want to know some informations before I play.

1. If I build house or tent it will be saved only on that server what I am playing on?

2. What map do you recommend? Chernarus, Taviana....?

3. If u have any good EU server, please post IP

4. Any epoch mod information what you think will be useful for me (I played dayz vanila for like 1 year, so I know basics)

Thank you very much

Hello.

1) Yes, because database are not sharing between servers

2) Depend of which you prefer. I don't really like other map than Chernarus, so for me, Chernarus.

3) I've a FR / EN server if you wan't to join. With AI, Missions (FR & EN translate), AI Base, Self BloodBag, New Weapons(TWS (very very very rare), rocket launcher, ...), Refuel&Repair stations, New Traders. IP : 109.123.114.188:3238

4) I don't know ^^

If you know Chernarus then I'd go with Chernarus as you will be learning new stuff so having a familiar map will help.

I'd recommend a server with AI side missions, plenty of vehicles and salvage vehicle scripts running.

This is because doing the AI missions bags you a lot of loot (guns) that you can sell into traders for gold.

There is also a mission that comes with loads of construction materials which is a real boost for base building. Lots of vehicles make base building less of a chore and are another good source of income.

When it comes to base building build in pairs with a spotter to help line stuff up and start small, start by securing an area that means you can keep stuff away from people and then expand from there. 

Finally if you are looking to be long term on a server (base build etc) check it has some regular admins and is likely to be around for a while, I started base building on a couple of servers that just vanished after a while. 

I say  wait for a new update (1.0.4)
It contains 2 huuuuge maps:
   - Napf Island - it's 22x22km map - so it gives a little over 400km^2 of the Island's surface

- Sauerland - 25x25km map - and it's 625km^2 cause the whole area is a land

But before the update you could try smaller maps on PVE servers to get the general idea of the mod. Try some crafting and basic basebuilding, see how the trading is done etc. But don't plan anything permanent until the new update with new maps is released.
These new maps are gonna take over the lead for quite some time, imo.

Hey, gonna try epoch today for the first time with my friend and I want to know some informations before I play.

1. If I build house or tent it will be saved only on that server what I am playing on?

2. What map do you recommend? Chernarus, Taviana....?

3. If u have any good EU server, please post IP

4. Any epoch mod information what you think will be useful for me (I played dayz vanila for like 1 year, so I know basics)

Thank you very much

1. Like Vanilla permanent items only are on the server you built/found them on. Vehicles and buildings do not cross servers. Then again I don't think there are very many hives set up for Epoch so even your characters are different on each server. I like that.

2. Taviana is nice but it does take a bit to get loaded. Chernarus is so well know it is alternatingly homey or boring. 

3. Sorry... U.S. based so no clue on EU servers.

4. There are a lot of things in the game that are very different. I'll try and highlight a few.

- Many things can be traded. Some things are worth a good deal of money. Things like Mountain Dew or Red Bull are worth 3 gold. 3 Gold can buy a LOT of STANAG ammo. 10 Gold can buy one of the largest backpacks in the game. Check out the trader items lists(this is a default list) in the Wiki so you know what you might want to carry around or drop.

- Speaking of carrying things around. Epoch uses a weight system. Backpacks are huge so you can have a lot of items, but if you are over certain weights you will become fatigued and can even pass out. This means you have to consider what you want to carry and your route so you make short runs, rest a bit, run again. 

-You will want transportation. Luckily something like an ATV is only 2 gold and comes with a key. This way you can put your heavier things in your vehicle. This will become more important when you get to the point of building a base and needing to move around things like Cinderblocks. 

-Zombies drop important items. They can drop Lockboxes which can hold items safely for you with a combination only you have. They also drop other rare items. It is a good idea to loot them if it is not dangerous to do so. 

-Typically I do the following when starting out on a server. Grab whatever I can on my way to a friendly trader. Kelm seems to be the safest on most servers since it has the most cover although some are customized. I grab all the basics and a solid gun and keep an eye out for high priced items that don't take up much space or weight all that much. I make my way to a trader. Once there I finish off whatever items I need for my kit and buy a vehicle. Typically I go for something that can hold a bit and is easy to hide despite being locked like an ATV. This lets me "run guns" (since it can hold 10 and sniper rifles sell for 6 gold each) and start picking up the occasional base materials I might run across. Next up is a Safe. That requires 120 gold or getting lucky and finding a briefcase and 100 gold. The safe lets me lock away 25(it's 50 right now but that  won't last long) Gun items which includes tools, and 200 other items. At that point I am ready to build a base. I tend to start "upgrading" things like vehicles. Maybe grab a helicopter or a nice big SUV like the Camo or Armored. 

-Heros have cheaper prices at the Hero Vendor than Bandits do at the Bandit Vendor. It's easier to become a bandit though. Either way if you want to buy armed vehicles and certain rare guns you will need to get your humanity way up or down so they will sell to you.

- Speaking of carrying things around. Epoch uses a weight system. Backpacks are huge so you can have a lot of items, but if you are over certain weights you will become fatigued and can even pass out. This means you have to consider what you want to carry and your route so you make short runs, rest a bit, run again.

Eating painkillers resets the fatigue timer. This is a good shortcut past the natural fatigue decay, especially if you are building with heavy supplies (cinders or metal floors). In fact, it's pretty much a must for building with heavy supplies, especially if you are building a multi-level base. Also, your character will become more fatigued going up hills/stairs, so keep that in mind as well. The sweet spot is ideally to have your character weigh less than 100 if you're going to be doing lots of running.