What's the best DayZ Epoch arma 2 guide currently?

XOIIO

Hi all, trying to set up dayz to play with a friend, I haven't played in ages, and I'm super rusty on server setup.

I got as far as having the server up and running and instantly getting kicked for a public variable that I can't find a way around (popsc (172.16.1.224:2304) 9bc4649286ca312145ada609ad849d47 - Value Restriction #1 "remExField" = [B 1-1-A:1 (popsc) REMOTE,any,"JIPrequest"])

Anyhow, I checked and was reminded that the base building part is in the epoch version, so I'm hoping for a step by step bulletproof guide to get this darn thing set up on my server so I can get playing already. So far two days and no luck getting it working.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, late reply. I’m newer at this myself but if you want a solid refresher I would try JasonTM/WorldWideSorrow on You tube.

https://youtu.be/03Sdd0Jm8Sk

Even though the guide is older, there are still solid principles in that and many of his other videos that can help you. It sounds like you have a simple BE filter kicking you from the game. I’d search that error code in the publicvariable scripts and maybe write it out as an exception or change that filter to a 1 for the time being.