[RELEASE] WAI 2.2.6

JasonTM

11 hours ago, JakeQue said:

Right, I know for certain it's this new WAI system. I've just reinstalled the old one that didn't use stringtables ect (Don't know which version) and everything is now working. Paradrops, ai spawning, crates, everything. 

I have no idea how to address this. Your rpt is not giving errors related to WAI, I cannot replicate the problems on my test server, and no one else is reporting related problems.

3 minutes ago, JasonTM said:

What does hive HiveExt.log say. It will show where is stops loading. server_log.txt as well might show something.

looked, there is no errors in it.  my rpt is showing a error for something i think that is unrelated.

I have no idea how this mod could break your server. It has one entry in server monitor that just executes an init file. The server should load before any WAI related code would break it. I have several server owners that are running this with no problems.

6 minutes ago, thegdog said:

well, i did put it back together.  how do i know that the addon started? 

When WAI starts it posts messages to the server rpt like this:

1:57:56 "WAI: AI Config File Loaded"
 1:57:56 "WAI: Initializing missions"

4:08:49 "WAI: [Mission:[Hero] Black Hawk Crash]: Starting... [8511.13,6290.94,0]"
 4:08:50 "WAI: Spawned a group of 5 AI (Bandit) at [8511.13,6290.94,0]"

well seeing this probaly means it started.  idk what i did different this time, maybe the fresh pbo or something.  i was almost begining to wonder if it was bc folder locations

Just now, thegdog said:

4:08:49 "WAI: [Mission:[Hero] Black Hawk Crash]: Starting... [8511.13,6290.94,0]"

well seeing this probaly means it started.  idk what i did different this time, maybe the fresh pbo or something.  i was almost begining to wonder if it was bc folder locations 

Yes, that's working.

Don't forget to update  "remote_message.sqf" in your client with WAI's one, not one from other sources

3 hours ago, Lui77793 said:

So I installed WAI and everything works fine, besides that for some reason the Mission Announcements show up like "STR_CL_MISSION_ANNOUNCE" instead of the "Mission Announcement"

Anyone an Idea on how do fix that?

Picture here

something that was reported on my server and i believe to be the only issue not taking into account with the latest rewrite of wai is how far bots and vehicles can get from their mission (air vehicles more so).

The only reason i took out helicopters patrol from mission was because they stray way too far from their position and now they reported happening with a land vehicle ended up inside a safezone 1539m from the mission (how often it happens im unsure this is the first time someone said something)

Is there no solution to this ? how are other server admins dealing with it ?

sssssss.jpg

On 7/15/2018 at 1:14 PM, SmokeyBR said:

something that was reported on my server and i believe to be the only issue not taking into account with the latest rewrite of wai is how far bots and vehicles can get from their mission (air vehicles more so).

The only reason i took out helicopters patrol from mission was because they stray way too far from their position and now they reported happening with a land vehicle ended up inside a safezone 1539m from the mission (how often it happens im unsure this is the first time someone said something)

Is there no solution to this ? how are other server admins dealing with it ?

sssssss.jpg

I've never seen this happen. The radius of the patrol is set by the third parameter in the array.

https://github.com/worldwidesorrow/WICKED-AI/blob/master/WAI/compile/vehicle_patrol.sqf#L7

That's not to say that they won't venture outside of that radius when they are attacked. A2 ai are a bit wonky.

On 7/15/2018 at 2:27 PM, Dr.Killmore said:

hello guys in auto claim how can i keep the players name on the marker when it is timing out? 

I haven't tested this, but change this line:

https://github.com/worldwidesorrow/WICKED-AI/blob/master/WAI/compile/mission_winorfail.sqf#L250

to this:

_acdot setMarkerText format["%1 Claim Timeout [%2]",(_acArray select 1),_leftTime];