Positioning Problems: CUP or Epoch

Ironduck

Hi,

we have a Server with the 0.3.7.0 Epoch version and CUP-Terrain.

we builded a base at Rog and Devils-Castle. At Rog we had at the beginning the Problem, that if we log out in the area of the second tower with the steps, we were unable to log in again. authenfication error. Only fexed aber serverrestart and changing the profile name in arma. and after log in you have to wait 2 minutes and log out again, cause if you dont log out, you will get a disconnect with msg Server not ready 02. nearly the same at devils castle in the usable tower with the stairs. if you move in the corner of the tower and at the end of the stairs, you will swim. you can only get out with stepping forward. if i log out in the basement of that tower to close to the door, i respawn down the stair and injured.

the other problem is, after creating the base in devils castle, we placed our vehicles there. and a helicopter on a platform on the floor and another on the top of the usable tower. all trucks had enough space to the walls and you can rung easily between them. after a few days, without moving in, i logged in after restart and the first i saw was the explosion of 4 trucks. on the same position, they were placed days before. i thought nice and directly the msg, serverrestart in 10 minutes. i though ok, maybe the admin is doing something. after relog, i saw again 1 hunter exploding and the other van was burning. the trucks were still gone. i was a little bit pissed on. On the same evening the admin answered me, that nobody done anything on that server during the day. today when i logged in again, only 2 cars were left, all helis were gone and on rog, the cars that we left there, were hanging in the tree in castle and another one was on the top of the tower. heli gone too

Are these Problems Cup or Epoch Problems? Or maybe a Problem with the hardware?

As to your first problem, no expert but it may have something to do with the order in which mods are loaded by server, and if you don't have same order it may cause errors. E.g. Epoch first always then CUP core and CUP terrains, then if required the map add-on, then any other add-ons like weapons packs and vehicle packs.

The exploding vehicles is an issue with the way Arma handles saved positions of vehicles. All vehicles first face north and then move to position they were left in. This causes small changes in position that can cause collisions between vehicles and or structures and kaboom! By leaving enough room between vehicles and structures you are minimizing the chance of this happening, but it seems there is always a chance of this occurring however careful you think you are being in storing vehicles. 

Of course it could just be the Epoch gods frowning on you having two bases on one map both at key locations and storing too many vehicles in those locations and all of your issues are fair punishment :ph34r: :tongue: