Suggestion - gates/locked doors should keep their opened/closed state through restarts

KPABATOK

no, not until the safes are 100% reliable, I have had cases where the safe were locked then after restart unlocked and vice versa.   I can live with the occasional safe unlocking itself as they are protected inside my locked base, but what if my base randomly unlocks?

Yes, of course those issues with safes should be fixed first. However, base can not just randomly unlock. If player is not the part of your group he won't even see an option to lock/unlock doors. If you saw insances where doors unlock itself for some reason and have some anecdotal or real evidence (with steps to reproduce), please report it. I haven't experienced anything like that.

8 hours ago, KPABATOK said:

Yes, of course those issues with safes should be fixed first. However, base can not just randomly unlock. If player is not the part of your group he won't even see an option to lock/unlock doors. If you saw insances where doors unlock itself for some reason and have some anecdotal or real evidence (with steps to reproduce), please report it. I haven't experienced anything like that.

You miss the point.  If the mechanic to open and lock safes is applied to doors then the doors will have the same random chance of not being locked at restart.  So until the mechanic that locks safes is 100% reliable it should not be applied to doors.

Personally I would leave the doors as they are, I like the fact that I don't need to worry near restart as the base will lock itself when the server restarts.

But it is not random chance now, safes keep persistent state at all times through server restarts. Some people may forget to lock their safes/lockboxes as I have seen in many twitch streams, were players run around base with their 20 lockboxes in one big room, managing loot, opening locking opening locking and miss a few here and there which creates the illusion that they unlock on server restart by random. From my experience it never happened. If you have experienced such bugs, it would be wise to report here on forum or github.