Suggestion for selling used mags to traders

KPABATOK

Not sure how the people will like it or not, but there is a bug/glitch/feature I do not know what which allows selling half empty or a mag with 1 bullet left to a trader and re-buying it back in full. And combined with the fact that prices in vanilla Epoch are a bit a joke, it makes ammo preservation kinda useless, in my opinion. I use navids and spmgs mostly in this game because I suck at aiming, I shoot 149/150 bullets then take this 1/150 mag to a trader, sell it and buy it back and have again 150/150 round mag in my inventory. So I do not need to loot for ammo or anything since I can sell my used mag and rebuy it (though navid mags are too common, another story).

I have been thinking for a while how to fix it and came up with only solution, forbidding selling of used mags to traders. That way it will be only possible to sell any ammo to a trader if the mag is full (untouched). Maybe it can be implemented server side but then again, asking server owners anything is usually fruitless.

I agree totally, just didn't want to expand too much as I have tons of other ideas related to traders too :D Yes, a mag repack would be great. But how it is implemented in most servers via "scroll wheel menu" is really annoying to open/close gates, switch weapon etc and then accidentally hit this repack option all the time.

Also noticed that one of the ammo-repack scripts is bugged as I could on multiple occasions duplicate ammo for certain guns consistently (made myself 100 Mar-10 mags this way). Then next day somehow it stopped working. No idea why even when I reproduced the exact steps (same gun, same ammo type). But bottom line it is bugged and has pretty poor design (such as you can not repack ammo for your pistol if you have primary weapon with half used mag too, even though it has drop down menu to choose what ammo to repack). So it would be nice if devs implemented it some day in some way...Maybe pressing SPACE BAR could open this ammo repack menu or something. Just hate people abusing scroll wheel menu for their scripts which is in my opinion one of the biggest issues in Arma 3 and Arma 2.