Maintenance of Storage Objects

Razzmatazz

It becomes incredibly frustrating to have to babysit all of the lockboxes and shelves (and soon, safes) in your base to keep them from disappearing. Some friends and I put some lockboxes in our base this past Saturday, accessed them on Sunday, and then they were gone when we logged in Wednesday. The base was secure; no walls had been breached, the vehicles were untouched, and the shelves right next to the lockboxes were just fine.

I understand storage objects that are not in a base (i.e., outside a frequency jammer radius) disappearing after a certain period of non-use. However, storage objects in a base should be maintained by the frequency jammer. If and when the base itself starts to despawn from lack of maintaining, the storage objects should be the last items to despawn because that gives other players a chance to loot the derelict base.

Removing a storage object in a base if it hasn't been accessed recently makes little sense. Maybe a lockbox/shelf is full of building supplies in case repairs are required. There's no need to access those materials regularly, but it's something that's good to have on hand. Similarly, maybe you keep all your satchel charges in a lockbox. You might not need them frequently, but they are definitely nice to have.

I noticed same issue with lockboxes myself, after recent patch, lockboxes disappear no matter what, after ONE week. You interact or not, they just vanish. My shelfs are all intact but lockboxes, once placed, they vanish after their default lifetime for some reason and it happened 3 times already so I just stopped using them until it is fixed. Shelfs, on the other hand, persist. Very weird bug and curious if it is related to the solar generator also vanishing after one week (which should be fixed in upcoming patch). Otherwise this bug with lockboxes disappearing gonna carry over to next patch. :(

Edited by KPABATOK