update 0.3.3.1 Feedback

Oddy-B

Well just like to say the latest update, welcomes the return of the Cultist, (I missed this falla).

However, there are one or two issues I would like to give feedback to.

The Building System:

1. Snap building leaves gaps between the wooden walls .
  2. The only way to correct the gap is to remove the panel and loose building materials in the process.  In the past, The  "move" fixed the problem
  3. Please put back the Move option A.S.A.P.
  4. The pressing gear and esc to cancel building mode, didnt place the item back into my inventory. (lost more building gear)

I gave up late last night due to a Boss sapper spawning near the base (jammer), running through  a wall and exploding! thus taking out Me and  two offroads of building materials that took over 14hrs of game play to collect. Two Darters in less than ten minutes whie I am still in the radius of my Jammer.  A fix for the Antagonists being able to walk through walls would be nice.

The only plus side to the building System I can see,  is the Ladders and Solar panels, Not been able to do any more as a Boss Sapper ended the building experience.

Yes, they sometimes tend to walk through walls (though never not even once they came to my base like that), but it is easy to avoid and/or kill them. It is the problem with the players usually when they want babymode Epoch and join servers with AI disabled, blackmarkets, high loot and start gear. Also who keeps their valuable stuff in vehicles anyway? Unless you were a freshspawn and didn't have backpack or have not looted enough metal to build a shelf, the fact that you had a base already is enough proof that you had the means to keep your stuff save yet chose the easy way to store it in almost unlimited storage of offroads but most unsafe storage since all vehicles are destructable.

Don't want to sound like blaming the victim, but as it is all work in progress, especially antagonist wise, being pissed because of loss of some gear is childish, man :) It is arma, I die to stupid Arma 3 bugs that haven't been fixed for decades everyweek. I just got used to.

Haven't seen problems with snapping yet, but I have bad news, I think MOVE function will not come back and on top of that, rumours are that snapping to the ground gonna be disabled too... Don't quote me on that please. I like move function though I never used it while building a base because it became obsolete since invention of ghost mode. I used move only when placing shelfs, lockboxes, jammers because I am autist and want everything to be perfectly aligned. Again, use ghost snapping, wood material is unlimited, it is very easy to get it, no use of being pissed about losing 2 lumber packs out of 4.

But in all honesty I doubt antagonists gonna be fixed because if people can walk through walls, so can AI :) Fair game.

the main sapper does have a routine for avoiding jammers. the boss sapper uses an older version of the sapper brain. when building, watch your back :)

the reason they walk through walls is due to client agents not being aware of dynamic server objects, is in the to do list. deciding on managing server / client object awareness I still a work in progress as we add more features.

currently , normal sappers will not venture within a certain range of a jammer.

Thanks for you explaination axeman, I hope that soon there will be a way of preventing them from walking through walls. At least now I know and will inform the rest of my crew.

KPABTOK, your post is not very Helpfull, bordering on insultive.

the reason they walk through walls is due to client agents not being aware of dynamic server objects, is in the to do list. deciding on managing server / client object awareness I still a work in progress as we add more features.

I personnaly think its a weird thing coz we saw multiple times the AI spawned by the drone just gets in pyrgos militairy base from the backside , not by entering the gate

And always on the large wall with the small outpost in the middle close to the sand/dirtbags-wall  , looks like theres a sort off secret entrance they just crawl in

And that base is a part of A3 Altis map