Now 1.0.2.5 has been binarised... How do we edit configs etc?

DanucasB

Question

I really need to adjust things like vehicle capacity, loot tables and so on, but now it's all a config.bin... how do we "unbin" it and re-edit the files?

I've tried programs like ArmAUnbin, which unbins it into one big readable .cpp but when I try to use edited values I just get "Some input after end of file." I've read the .rpt and checked the lines it indicates and can see no error, even comaring them to 1.0.2.4's .cpp file. All I change is the numeric values already present in the file leaving all surrounding code intact. Even if I simply unbin it, then move the .bin leaving the .cpp file with zero changes... I still get the same problem.

Can anybody help me here? It's driving me nuts!

5 answers to this question

editting any of this (part of the dayz_code section of the client files for Epoch) will require anyone connecting to your server to download a custom mod of Epoch as well.

You don't need a custom mod to make certain edits to the dayz_code, such as custom loot or tweaking certain Epoch scripts. You can do that through the mission file. Since everyone downloads the mission file upon connecting, the changes apply to everyone, and there's no need to download an additional mod.