Has EPOCH exiled its community

NedG

yes it's my first post!

When Arma 3 Epoch was released it should have contained A2 Epoch + Vector building to start from day ONE.

then you guys should have listened to your community wants;

• pimp my pad/base
  • doors all the vehicles can go through
  • off line defence
  • larger safes or upgrade able to more capacity
  • Better groups, clans, access management
  • more buildable door, wall window,.

To mention a few...

the current version still only has a few building items the A2 version has, and even today building items fly at you and kill you!

I have seen a few posts from this forums regulars state exile is nothing like EPOCH! But in actual fact exile is epoch and almost everything that epoch should have been from day 1 on Arma3.

and my final question I want answered!

is the Exile developer one of the original dev guys from epoch?

I as many others want a direct answer.

Edited by NedG

yes it's my first post!

When Arma 3 Epoch was released it should have contained A2 Epoch + Vector building to start from day ONE.

A3 Epoch was wrote from scratch, everything done brand new for a new mod, old Dayz code could not be used because BI own the rights to Dayz, remember that it's only 30% completed with new content coming weekly.

is the Exile developer one of the original dev guys from epoch?

No he's not.

Last night the following was added to the experimental build, it will hit the stable build in around a week, depending on feedback and any issues that might crop up, Epoch have so much coming including a purpose built terrain, new craftables, new GUI, new vehicles, lots basically :D patience is key, Epoch is a small team but progress is made daily.

[Added] Wood Ladder that can be crafted from 4x lumber.
[Added] Wood Tower that can be crafted from a Wood Floor and 4x lumber.
[Added] Solar Generator base item can be crafted from items found in the world. When placed gives passive power within 75m.
[Added] New loot/crafting items (Solar Panels, Wire Cables, Battery Box) added to loot tables.
[Changed] Server side database functions renamed and now use cfgFunctions via a new pbo "epoch_server_core".
[Changed] Increase max payout of Air Drop event loot.
[Changed] Make use of new command getAllHitPointsDamage in A3 1.50 to increase performance of hitpoint data storage.
[Changed] Use new A3 command setHitIndex instead of setHitPointDamage so we can use all hitpoints regardless of name.
[Changed] Change BIS_fnc_distance2D usage over to distance2D command that added with A3 1.50 for better performance.
[Fixed] Only maintain damaged objects and base object health is repaired on maintain action.
[Fixed] CfgEpochClient missionConfigFile version check was incorrectly using configFile.
[Fixed] Loot object "Blue Tarp" weaponholder proxy position was in the wrong position.
[Fixed] Reduce base hunger/thirst loss rate by half if players stamina is above 100. Base rate now can be changed with "baseHTLoss" variable in CfgEpochClient.
[Info] Requres Arma 3 1.50 or higher.
[ServerInfo] Removed old .bikey and added new one for 0330.

People used to say on DayZ SA forums that devs should have used more Arma 3 instead... kind of ironic. I think every mod is the best which is done from scratch, though I am not a programmer at all, this is just my retarded opinion :) My only hope is that Epoch devs will make this mod stand out more, I mean, be more... specific and unique, with feature that only Epoch and no other mod have (of course, copying is not theft, that will come after). So far they are heading to right direction. Unlike...I do not mention it, I fear to be banned by Bugemia but we all know which game went south pretty fast.

Admit it u no we want zombies and if that is a problem for Bis then lets give us burning bushes that says/wisper hey iam a zombie and gonna grab u

Days SA has a huge problem its nothing more than a mockup of the arma2 dayz mod , wich was fun (still is tho  - dayz of namalsk luvit)  and they just cant pull any trick or hat

to make it the same as A2dayz revamped the map lots of loot in to much many towns/cities

And then we got Epoch on A3 , slightly different but as Days-SA its work on progress ,still we like it (got a few 43 last count of aged old playes that feel the same) its fun and in the end we all go home/to bed smiling

So for the devs its kinda carry on listen here and there for input , rest is up to the server-admins to make it a challenge for there group/masses to have fun and enjoy

Sounds like some people should just stick to A2 Epoch. I've tried A3 Epoch a few times and I just can't get into it. I always miss the features of A2 Epoch and that's what I've always gone back to it. Most people seem to forget that A3 Epoch isn't even in beta yet so they whine and cry about it not having certain features. It's a very incomplete ALPHA TEST version. 

You can make comment's to the effect, the game is not even in beta yet, or we have just added this to the experimental build etc..

A3 Epoch was wrote from scratch, everything done brand new for a new mod, old Dayz code could not be used because BI own the rights to Dayz, remember that it's only 30% completed with new content coming weekly.

We dont want DAYZ, we want epoch.... with more building bling and more pimp my pad furnishing..

How is it, a freshy comes onto the scene and releases a product with uncanny resemblances to your A2 Epoch, in a package that is under 200mb in size.  

The irony is, epoch is your baby, you know the epoch community loves the base building/defense and look at my monster base meme, zombies, meh take it or leave it.. 
The fact is, that its been over a year and you don't have a wall with a window in it, and placing a buildable, kills you, and just like dayz standalone your progress appears to be stagnanat. 

And what is this "it's only 30% completed with new content coming weekly." you speak of.. ?

Edited by NedG

And what is this "it's only 30% completed with new content coming weekly." you speak of.. ?

If you subscribe and download Experimental Epoch from Steam Workshop and join in testing new features on a dev server you will see content coming weekly in added pieces or bug fixes or content being tried out. Also you could follow some of the devs as they stream:

http://www.twitch.tv/axles/profile 

http://www.twitch.tv/steampunkgears/profile 

http://www.twitch.tv/raymich/profile

I have learnt a lot about what to expect and I am hugely excited for lots of new buildables coming up very soon in particular. Personally I will play Arma 2 DayZ Epoch if i want that experience, I love to play Arma 3 Epoch exactly because it is not a rehash of what came before and am excited to see how it continues to develop.

Comparisons to DayZ Standalone are unfair as this is a mod done in spare time, whilst DayZ SA is a release by a games studio supposedly professionals working full time; yes both are in Alpha but Epoch i believe has more stable content and is eminently more playable than the continuing fiasco that is SA.

NedG totally understand where you are coming from but I hope that some of what you read and see here in forums or watch on streams or find in game by joining a dev server will encourage you to stay the course and see what Arma 3 Epoch becomes. See you out there.

And what is this "

it's only 30% completed with new content coming weekly." you speak of.. ?

It's exactly what i said, every week new content is added, it gets pushed to the experimental build and then once any issues are fixed it gets pushed to the stable branch :)

The last experimental updates includes the following :

[Added] Wood Ladder that can be crafted from 4x lumber.
[Added] Wood Tower that can be crafted from a Wood Floor and 4x lumber.
[Added] Solar Generator base item can be crafted from items found in the world. When placed gives passive power within 75m.
[Added] New loot/crafting items (Solar Panels, Wire Cables, Battery Box) added to loot tables.
[Changed] Server side database functions renamed and now use cfgFunctions via a new pbo "epoch_server_core".
[Changed] Increase max payout of Air Drop event loot.
[Changed] Make use of new command getAllHitPointsDamage in A3 1.50 to increase performance of hitpoint data storage.
[Changed] Use new A3 command setHitIndex instead of setHitPointDamage so we can use all hitpoints regardless of name.
[Changed] Change BIS_fnc_distance2D usage over to distance2D command that added with A3 1.50 for better performance.
[Fixed] Only maintain damaged objects and base object health is repaired on maintain action.
[Fixed] CfgEpochClient missionConfigFile version check was incorrectly using configFile.
[Fixed] Loot object "Blue Tarp" weaponholder proxy position was in the wrong position.
[Fixed] Reduce base hunger/thirst loss rate by half if players stamina is above 100. Base rate now can be changed with "baseHTLoss" variable in CfgEpochClient.
[Info] Requres Arma 3 1.50 or higher.
[ServerInfo] Removed old .bikey and added new one for 0330.

Look at the list, there are new crafting items, be patient, Epoch is progressing well but as mentioned it's still only 30% completed

The fact is, that its been over a year and you don't have a wall with a window in it, and placing a buildable, kills you, and just like dayz standalone your progress appears to be stagnanat. 

Buildables kill you when they fall on you. That's physics and pretty realistic. Otherwise they kill you when arma 3 decides to do that, that's just arma 3 bugs, not Epoch issue. I saw the same character glitching/levitating in Exile buildings just like in Epoch. It is not a problem of a mod, but game itself.

Other than that, if you think Exile has done it better and is more look a like to DayZ Epoch mod, then I suggest playing Exile instead. Because Epoch is going different route. Not copying stuff from the past (though there is nothing wrong with that), just making it fun to play.

Welcome to our forum, and thanks for the feedback. I get that another mod has been released and I am sure that will happen many more times during the course of our development, that does not change the plans that we have set for the Epoch mod. 

Please read this to see what to expect leading us up to 1.0:
http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/33595-what-you-can-expect-from-future-major-milestone-updates/

Also, as you may have noticed we have recently gained 3 new team members:
http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/37201-arma-3-epoch-developer-blog/

Since we all do this as a hobby it is important that we work with those that want to work with us and that have the skills to make it worth our time and we are still hoping to bring a few more great team members on board so we can refine Epoch and get more done in less time. Also with release of the entire gamemode code it will soon allow allow for everyone to collaborate with us.

Either way we look forwarding to hearing more feedback from players and server owners alike keep it coming.

Edited by vbawol

• vbawol locked this topic