GTX Your experience with this company.

Dawg

I am posting this because everywhere I look and see the name GPX I see only negative. Two years ago they were my first hosting company ever with my first server. They were horrible and rude then. Just last week I ran from them again. Though this time I got a refund it was only because I said I would post my experience. After reading another since locked topic on this site I am starting this topic.

I would like to know if there are so many people out there that have had so many issues with this company......why is nothing done about it? They have been allowed to run there company there own way and that is fine. How is it big developer teams still allow them to be official hosts? It sounds like as a community they need to be boycotted? Not made to look like a first rate company. I was told by there owner Griffin that they had a solid reputation. He even made excuses for his guy Harwkins (Name could be misspelled) who is very rude. I was with them less than a week and in that time I was made to feel they had my money so that was all that matters. Now I did get a refund but only for the way I handled the situation. I did say I would keep my opinions to my self but that was before I found yet another thread full of issues with the company. Then an Epoch dev closing the thread down. I understand that issue with GPXneed to be handled with GPX, however word needs to get out so that no more people loose there money work or sanity to this company.

What I am looking for here is simple. Post your legitimate issues with GPX here. Lets not just outright bash them. Let this be a thread that can be found by people that do there homework on GPX. Then they can decide if they want to do business with the company. 

there still better than most ive used out there. but if you can best to setup a dedi server of your own.

that is a straight up lie ... gtx are among the worst i think only beat by survival servers.

they should spend more money on upgrading their servers and customer service than they do on donating to epoch, just to be on the front page ...

however GSP's like this is are in general very rude to the users and will usually blame all errors on you (even tho sometimes its quite obviusly their fault/problem), in general it is just a bad choice, but there are some out there that are better than others.

Guys I want to get opinion out there about this company. On the other hand I did not start this thread just to throw mud. If you had a negative experience with GTX this is the place to post it. Use as many words as needed. I want this to be a thread that can be a resource for that new Clan that wants there own server for any game. Just say they were your worst experience ever is not telling that new guy anything. Tell me the new guy what happen that you don't like the company?

Also bear in mind straight mindless bashing of any one company would most certainly get the thread deleted by the Moderator. This is not for bashing this is to post experience that you have had. I welcome to hear details of anyone that has had a positive experience as well.

I have to agree, I have just rented another server thru SwiftNode and the one i already have is with GTX, that is is now non active waiting for it to be shut down, the words reinstall your server is used very often, server fps very low, exact opposite to my new one, everything started very well but quickly went downhill with GTX, a big shame...

simon

Please bear in mind I started this to help everyone. In a good way or bad way with no thought given to what it does for GTX. My goal here is to assist those who are new to our community, as well as anyone looking to run there own server for any game.

Thank you Simon that is an example of what I would like to see in this thread. Perhaps a little more detail on the experience. Helps the new guy. Comparing to a new company is good.

I can say for me GTX worked great as a test server. I was having a Bandwidth problem with the Borholm map. I thought is was Vert Hosting that was causing the issue. So when I set everything up on GPX and had the same issue I knew Vert Hosting was not the issue. Needless to say I went back to Vert. I am now more patient because GTX also reminded me of how good Vert does with customer support. They try to help, I can say I ever remember Vert telling me to look in forums. With GPX I felt if I asked them how to turn the server on they would have sent me to forums. Though they could answer that question in the same amount of time.

that is a straight up lie ... gtx are among the worst i think only beat by survival servers.

they should spend more money on upgrading their servers and customer service than they do on donating to epoch, just to be on the front page ...

however GSP's like this is are in general very rude to the users and will usually blame all errors on you (even tho sometimes its quite obviusly their fault/problem), in general it is just a bad choice, but there are some out there that are better than others.

Gtx has always been good to us in the past and that is not a lie. and the worst we used was fastpoint. the guy wanted are experiences. and just you didnt have a good experience with them dont mean everyone did . half the time it's the guy renting the server thats at fault!

Gtx has always been good to us in the past and that is not a lie. and the worst we used was fastpoint. the guy wanted are experiences. and just you didnt have a good experience with them dont mean everyone did . half the time it's the guy renting the server thats at fault!

ROFL ... so you are saying it was my fault that they delivered a faulty server to me, when i paid money to rent from them?

(guess i should have known better, lol)

not to mention the part where they decided it was my fault the server was broken and refused to refund my money even tho i did not even have the server for a week and was unable to use it at any point.

great host ... ROFL.

pretty sure you can find better ...

ROFL ... so you are saying it was my fault that they delivered a faulty server to me, when i paid money to rent from them?

(guess i should have known better, lol)

not to mention the part where they decided it was my fault the server was broken and refused to refund my money even tho i did not even have the server for a week and was unable to use it at any point.

great host ... ROFL.

pretty sure you can find better .

no. what up with you today you get out of the wrong side of the bed or something. the guys asked about are experiences and thats what i said. then you reply calling me a lier lol i said "half the time it's the guy renting the server thats at fault!" where did i say you??

poeple who reply like that are aids to this forum!!

anyways dedi is the way to go!

Halv would you mind posting more detail of your experience? If this is going to stay constructive then readers should know more detail.

DayZVet I would like to hear more about your positive experience as well. As I said this is not to bash GTX this is simply to post some opinion good or bad. The why is because I could not find much when I looked them up. My 2 experience with them were bad. This last one also had a lot to do with there control panel being all but broken. Though it makes sense they said that was due to adding a new game to there line up. What I did not understand is why preparations were not made for this new add on instead of existing customers suffering.

Again remember guys this thread is to help new people. Maybe this will be a start of something new on the Forums. All the companies that host Epoch deserve a thread such as this. Does not matter if they are the best or the worst. It is all about helping people make an educated decision about a company, much like you would want to do buying a car.

well we had 4 different servers with them in the past. all arma 2 tho epoch overpoch and origins pvp and pve and the only problem we had with one of are servers was one was lagging a little. we told them about it as it shouldnt of been happening. and within a hour they did something there end and it was fixed other than that there was nothing else to report as we didnt have any other problems. cheap for the slots good ping as im the uk witch might help with custmer service with them being on the same time zone as me.

no. what up with you today you get out of the wrong side of the bed or something. the guys asked about are experiences and thats what i said. then you reply calling me a lier lol i said "half the time it's the guy renting the server thats at fault!" where did i say you??

poeple who reply like that are aids to this forum!!

anyways dedi is the way to go!

you are a prime example of a moron ... lets just leave it at that.

Halv would you mind posting more detail of your experience? If this is going to stay constructive then readers should know more detail.

DayZVet I would like to hear more about your positive experience as well. As I said this is not to bash GTX this is simply to post some opinion good or bad. The why is because I could not find much when I looked them up. My 2 experience with them were bad. This last one also had a lot to do with there control panel being all but broken. Though it makes sense they said that was due to adding a new game to there line up. What I did not understand is why preparations were not made for this new add on instead of existing customers suffering.

there is not much to tell other than what i already explained ...

1. rented server from gtx
  2. installed server
  3. started server and had an unexplainable error in the logs causing my server to crash
  4. contacted support that told me it was my fault and i should not be using any mods (even tho it was a default install)
  5. reinstalled server and had same error (repeat from step 2 about 3-4 times)
  6. within a week requested my money back and was told it was not possible when there was no fault on their end
  7. they shut down the server cause i asked for a refund
  8. they are still sending me spam mail about renting servers from them.

thats the basic drawup of what happend between me and gtx servers ... i still do not see how it could ever be my fault (or mods for that matter) causing the server to crash on a default installation, but this is what happends when its all about stacking money with little or no customer service.

bad service and bad servers ... dont go there.

that was without mentioning all the problems i have helped other server owners overcome while having gtx servers ... my default response to someone having trouble with server installation on gtx is always "switch server host and it will be fixed" ... and it usually sticks.

you are a prime example of a moron ... lets just leave it at that.

there is not much to tell other than what i already explained ...

1. rented server from gtx
  2. installed server
  3. started server and had an unexplainable error in the logs causing my server to crash
  4. contacted support that told me it was my fault and i should not be using any mods (even tho it was a default install)
  5. reinstalled server and had same error (repeat from step 2 about 3-4 times)
  6. within a week requested my money back and was told it was not possible when there was no fault on their end
  7. they shut down the server cause i asked for a refund
  8. they are still sending me spam mail about renting servers from them.

thats the basic drawup of what happend between me and gtx servers ... i still do not see how it could ever be my fault (or mods for that matter) causing the server to crash on a default installation, but this is what happends when its all about stacking money with little or no customer service.

bad service and bad servers ... dont go there.

Wow you really are a knob. give your mum back her laptop and play with your toys!!

i hate seeing threads ending up like this.

Brian question are you more of an experienced tech type? Where perhaps most all problems you could handle without help?

I know I am new to all this, learning but still new. I wonder if GTX is not better suited for those that can handle most everything on there own. I did notice a lot more files at my disposal with GTX.

Vet I think he is just venting. Which this thread will get some of that. On the other hand we are getting positive feedback about GTX as well. I had hoped there would be a few positive threads as I really don't want this to be about bashing anyone. 

Brian question are you more of an experienced tech type? Where perhaps most all problems you could handle without help?

I know I am new to all this, learning but still new. I wonder if GTX is not better suited for those that can handle most everything on there own. I did notice a lot more files at my disposal with GTX.

Probably not. most host still need you to know what your doing