In over my head or overlooking something?

Insanityplea88

Question

Alright folks, I just recently posted a thread asking about server setup.

I am now at a complete loss. I've followed several tutorials to the T on setting up my own server and have so far come up with nothing that is usable. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is there anyone out there who may have the time to help me out and go step by step with this stuff so I can figure out what in the world I'm doing wrong? I've got the most recent @DayZ_Epoch client and server files and I also have Xampp and MySQL installed and ready to go. I'm currently working on reinstalling Arma2OA to a clean copy and will most likely do the same with Arma2 itself. I went so far as to wipe everything off my harddrive last night so I could have a completely clean slate with everything and I went through the steps today to create a server for myself so I can test mods out and nothing has worked correctly. If there is anyone willing to sit down with me in a vent or through skype or even just message me, please, I would very much appreciate it. I want to learn this stuff but it's getting to the point of nonstop frustration and honestly I feel like the problem is something very simple. Just an up to date step by step process to create a base server for myself. That is all I need help with. Once I'm there, I can figure the rest out. Please and thank you!

Also, I want to say that I have followed the most recognized tutorials several times each, step by step. Still nothing. One being Nox's youtube video and the other being raklatif's post. I've followed several others but they weren't as detailed.

1 answer to this question

Make sure after installing new copies of ARMA2 and ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead that you run them both IN ORDER at least once.

Then, follow this to the letter : 

Honestly, you cannot go wrong if you follow that video precisely.