Titan launcher won't lock on target

shurix

Question

I feel like "we"(the people who wants more weapons and attack vehicles on our EPOCH server) won this discussion, since you are targetting the way we are writing now.

Cudos to you for trying to teach me this, but i didnt even read your post after

Anyway, i think the Author of this post has fixed his problem. So i see no reason for why this topic should still be open, if its gonna continue with childish nonsense replies about how some people write.

Have a nice day, catch you in another topic....Hopefully in another mood(y). (You see what i did there?)

QA gets it done!  High five fellow QA brother!

You call it ignorance, I call it history and evolution of DayZ, Epoch A2 and now Epoch A3.

If you can't see that, then you are the ignorant one, or perhaps you don't run servers that have players?

I'd love to see some "hardcore survival" servers with actual players/stats to prove this "survival experience."

well put...   Something I've noticed since the beginning of my DayZ hosting career (experience?)  has the balance between how hardcore you want to play vs what players actually want.

Here's an example and it translates to a3 I think.  24/7 Daylight servers.  It is a fact that servers with no nighttime have a higher average pop than a server with real day/night cycles (tied to your server time).  I love night time, I think its great.  But watch the pop drop once the server goes dark.  It's been happening before epoch was a dream in vbawol's mind.   On the flip side, when you go 24/7 daylight, the more hardcore players will complain "Is there nighttime?" "why doesn't it get dark"  So you being a good hearted admin, see this and go hey, yeah, lets make it dark again, then BAM your pop drops off like a cliff.

Yeah, you can balance it but you have to figure out what that is and what it means to you and if you still want to play like that.

Personally I'm a fan of 3 hours light, 1 hour dark per restart cycle.  But that is preference.

"@computermancer
Don't try to get personal, we all know You're better than that."

I just want to say that... you don't know me, I am not better than that. I can be very petty, especially if someone begins being petty and ridiculous with me or a concept I care about.

"1) DO NOT pander to your players - This is a survival experience ! Before giving in and making it easy for them, think how you can make them earn it and want it, and please make it painful, maybe a sea of sappers, just a suggestion."

I do not PANDER to my players, but I do LISTEN to them and nudge my server in a direction that keeps them entertained, as well as myself.

Also, the dev said not to make it easy for them, and he suggested a sea of sappers... done and done.

I made a Jet Mission that is guarded by AI with various weapons, some have AA to stop players from getting the jet by just flying in and landing to get the jet.

And I put a "sea of sappers" in the airfield to guard against campers and to make it harder.

Since you seem to know so much, what rank is your server? Whats your average playerbase numbers look like? 

I apologize for being petty and not letting go of some ridiculous comments.

I wouldn't mind the comments if this thread was about talking shit, but I believe it's about trying to find a solutiont to something many people would like.

You must be a republican and think it's your place to tell people what they can and cant do.

So what if I want launchers? ITS NOT YOUR BUSINESS!

So what if I want to get gay married, smoke pot, or have an abortion....

IT'S NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS, TAKE CARE OF YOUR SHIT AND LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE ALONE.

Unless you hate yourself so much you have to direct it outwards.

BTW: I DO HATE MYSELF, THAT'S WHY I AM TAKING OUT MY FRUSTRATION WITH MY PERSONAL LIMITATIONS OUT ON YOU AND PEOPLE THAT THINK LIKE YOU.

edit: had to fix some typos and grammar before the grammar police come around since that's the only valid argument they have on here.

I see it, quantity over quality is what You guys aim for.
A player count, (no matter if these players are only looking for some run'n'gun gameplay, and need to be taken by the hand from the first step they make, while they are constantly nagging and expecting rewards for every mouse klick) counts more than a grown up playerbase, enjoying a pure/unique survival experience, far away from all the already existing "entertaining" mods/missions out there.

But Yeah, go on and help degrading/dumbing down all the unique (not "mainstream" or "casual player" oriented) mods/missions even more.
It's not like there are countless other mods/missions that would suit that playstyle no, let's go and degrade any survival aspect in any mod/mission You can find, just to suit the players needs, while in fact this only brings even more people, looking for a "easy mode" experience to these specific mods/missions.

By listening to the wrong people in the community, You started to transform something unique, to something that's not really different to everything else that has already been there before, and this behave is exactly the same thing, big companys like EA and UBISOFT get blamed for: Casualize games.
With the only difference You are doing it with no profit (other than raised playercount) and with mods/missions instead of games.

Thank You all who participated, for all the efford You put into degrading great mods and missions for Arma2 and Arma3 over all the last years, it seems You've done a great job *clap clap*

To answer only a few of your questions Computermancer:
I don't own a public Server (only a little test server) because there are already enough servers and the playerbase that has been pulled by "make it easy" servers, is not what I want to care about (and last but not least, I simply have no time to manage a Server).
I'm not a republican (I'm from Switzerland, please take note of the "Swiss" in my name), and I don't tell anyone what they can or can't do, please read my previous posts and don't twist my words!
I'm only sharing my opinion and back it up with valid arguments, which You all seem to struggle to deny.*

About the other questions:
Gay marriage: Do whatever Your heart wants, it's your private decision.
Smoking pot: If you're in a state/country where it's legal, You should at least try it once (only if You're 18+ ofc).
Abortion: I personally think this should always be the womens decision, she should have the last word, and only that counts.

Greez KiloSwiss

*Please anyone, correct that spelling if it's wrong.
/edit
In fact, English is not my native language and I'm still learning (while I parallel learn french and slovak language (and C# if I finally find some time)), so please feel free to correct my spelling and tell me if I use the wrong words or one of the sentences make absolutely no sense to You.

And don't take this discussion too serious, we're all different people with different backgrounds and (naturally) different opinions about things.
It's okay to share those opinions, discuss them and even argue about them, but all in a civilized manner and without getting angry at anyone please.

I feel like "we"(the people who wants more weapons and attack vehicles on our EPOCH server) won this discussion, since you are targetting the way we are writing now.

Cudos to you for trying to teach me this, but i didnt even read your post after

Anyway, i think the Author of this post has fixed his problem. So i see no reason for why this topic should still be open, if its gonna continue with childish nonsense replies about how some people write.

Have a nice day, catch you in another topic....Hopefully in another mood(y). (You see what i did there?)

Cudos https://www.google.ca/search?q=Cudos&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=AfgJVePtN4v1oASasILABw

Kudos https://www.google.ca/search?q=kudos&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=9PcJVaCxIMXkoATH34HQBw

In case it was confusing for you as well ;)

I had my last post taken down because apparently what I said was too insulting.

So I will say what I said in that post in a nice way.

Quality is in the eye of the beholder.

My definition of quality is not the same as yours.

We are all here to help each other, not sure about you, but I know that's why I post on the forums.

This has been the one exception.

If you have a problem with the scripts we are putting up, you are more than welcome to leave.

Please don't post your insulting comments, even though somehow they aren't considered insulting.

People put a lot of work into their scripts because that's how they want to play. 

Please don't belittle them. Make your own server and keep your opinions to yourself.

Would You two kindly post the IPs of the servers You play on, so everyone that wants to play Epoch instead of Wasteland can avoid them like the plague.

Thank You in advance

Greez KiloSwiss

I don't have that on my server. I use Infi, so I enabled that for myself to test it. I was just explaining it to him on what i did to enable it. 

DId anyone actually come up with a resolve to this? I could care less what everyone thinks about it and I would appreciate if a helpful person that figured the issue out reply and not a bunch of rediculous topic hijacking. I won't acknowledge it. If someone that knows how to fix this issue could either post here what they figured out or send me a PM I would greatly appreciate it.

DId anyone actually come up with a resolve to this? I could care less what everyone thinks about it and I would appreciate if a helpful person that figured the issue out reply and not a bunch of rediculous topic hijacking. I won't acknowledge it. If someone that knows how to fix this issue could either post here what they figured out or send me a PM I would greatly appreciate it.

remap the button ..

@anyone trying to dictate how others should run their server i say suck it up ... get off your high ignorant horse and realize that is not how the majority of the players want to play.

if you want empty servers with no players, then go for it and make a hardcore survival experience like you say you want so you can sit alone and survive on your server lets see what kind of player base you can build on that.

... dont try to force your oppinion on others.

(it will most likely be ignored)

I see it, quantity over quality is what You guys aim for.

A player count, (no matter if these players are only looking for some run'n'gun gameplay, and need to be taken by the hand from the first step they make, while they are constantly nagging and expecting rewards for every mouse klick) counts more than a grown up playerbase, enjoying a pure/unique survival experience, far away from all the already existing "entertaining" mods/missions out there.

i cant be arsed to go through all of your wot's but i get your main point ... however, nobody is forcing you to do the same, you can make your own server any way you like ... if you feel you want a hardcore experience, why dont you just make a server like that instead of crying about what others do and try to dictate how you think they should be running their private servers?

please go preach your communistic oppinions somewhere else ... meanwhile, lets leave it to some people with an open mindset, to handle who is allowed what in epoch.

Anyone still searching for a solution:

Rebind the Key for "Lock Target" (under "configure" > "controls" > "weapons") to make it work in Epoch.

@Halvhjearne
You should have read my posts, because I wrote many times that I don't tell other people how to run their servers, everyone is free to edit/mod their server the way they want it to be.

My last attempt in explaining why I get myself so involved into this:

I'm just pointing out the stupidity in dumbing down another great Arma survival mod to a military gamemode, when there already exist tons of different variations of this for Arma.

If someone prefers the Wasteland/KotH/TacBF playstyle, why don't they play those gamemodes/mods instead?

It's like going to the only vegetarian restaurant in town and demand them to add meat to their menu, while the other restaurants right next to it, already serve meat.
Or it's like walking past seven clothing stores, right into a shoe shop (which does not have clothes, because obviously there are already enough clothing stores around it) to tell them, that you want to buy trousers and jackets in their shop.
If you act like this in real life, don't expect to be taken seriously, seriously!

I'm not saying it's dumb, I say it's actually plain stupid and has nothing to do with "my communistic oppinion" (like Halvhjearne wrote) but with the flawed logic/thinking of so many people in this community, it shocks me that not more of you are capable of understanding this simple logic, even thou I tried to explain it so many times now.
You don't have to agree with my opinion, but the logic behind your doing is causing this mod to become just another Wasteland/military DayZ.

I only try to enforce people to think, think about what they do and how much harm they can cause in the end, and I am also pointing them to already existing alternatives (which they tend to ignore), so the future of Epoch would not have to be flooded by kids looking for fast action, but it would be the only sucessfull survival mod for arma so far, which it looked to become when it startet, before the server files got released and the YouTubers (obviously only looking for action to show their viewers) jumped on the bandwagon.
But it already happened, these days we have more servers than players, around 8-9 out of 10 servers are more focused on a military playstyle than survival and new people that join and try out this mod, will only see and thread Epoch as another military focused mod with new weapons, new antagonists and a nice building and crafting system.
According to this, people that search for a survival experience were most likely rejected/pushed out of this community and have already turned away, looking for other mods (e.g. [url=http://www.exilemod.com/]EXILE mod) or even completely different games, and the rest will stick to the already established "Wastelandish" playstyle.
Of course, if someone now starts a survival orientet server, he will not get much sucess, because the big part of the community is already biased by their "fast action" experience they had on all the other servers (and have also seen on YT before they joined any server).

I don't get it, why I have to explain this over and over, it's simple logic and can be seen so easily, even from far away.
It happened to other mods and gamemodes before, it's nothing new, I just hoped this time it would not happen again (I was wrong).
A2 Dayz Mod startet as survival, ended up with tanks and AS50-TWS spawning at every corner, A2 Wasteland startet as simple survival, ended up with all survival elements removed and tanks and TWS weapons spawning everywhere.

Now look at Epoch:
People added the marksmen DLC weapons and military vehicles into Epoch, without thinking if they would fit into the scenario at all.
How is a civilian, in a post apocalyptic world supposed to find a .50cal Sniper rifle and immediately knows how to handle it?
How is a average person able to fly a attack helicopter or handle a complex military weapon system like a titan launcher?

Adding AKs, pistols and other (small caliber) guns from MOD packs to Epoch, would extend the variety while still perfectly fit into the scenario, but I already hear you say "boring".

This is my opinion, I'm not forcing it to anyone, but the logic applys to it more than to any other oppinion (I have seen so far) in this thread.
I really hate to sound so arrogant, because I'm not an arrogant guy and I'm also not talking down to anyone of you from a high horse, but it simply is the truth and what makes me angry is all your ignorance against it.

Again, you all can have a different oppinion (please DO have your own oppinions!), but stop being so ignorant against the truth, only because it does not support your oppinion.
Ignorance is the worst, and to deny the truth is ignorance in it's purest form.

TL;DR
You disagree with my oppinion - I'm totally fine with that.
You run your server the way you want - That's okay, you pay for it do what you want.
You ignore the truth and valid arguments - Don't expect to be taken seriously anymore.
You call me arrogant for debunking your flawed logic - You don't know me at all, but you obviously have a problem if someone disagrees with you or proves you wrong.
You actively support the dumbing down of Epoch - Expect to be called out as the cause of the ongoing degrading of this mod, and also as a supporter on its way to become just another "wastelandish" gamemode more on the list.

Have a nice day everyone

Greez KiloSwiss

Anyone still searching for a solution:

Rebind the Key for "Lock Target" (under "configure" > "controls" > "weapons") to make it work in Epoch.

@Halvhjearne

You should have read my posts, because I wrote many times that I don't tell other people how to run their servers, everyone is free to edit/mod their server the way they want it to be.

My last attempt in explaining why I get myself so involved into this:

I'm just pointing out the stupidity in dumbing down another great Arma survival mod to a military gamemode, when there already exist tons of different variations of this for Arma.

If someone prefers the Wasteland/KotH/TacBF playstyle, why don't they play those gamemodes/mods instead?

It's like going to the only vegetarian restaurant in town and demand them to add meat to their menu, while the other restaurants right next to it, already serve meat.

Or it's like walking past seven clothing stores, right into a shoe shop (which does not have clothes, because obviously there are already enough clothing stores around it) to tell them, that you want to buy trousers and jackets in their shop.

If you act like this in real life, don't expect to be taken seriously, seriously!

I'm not saying it's dumb, I say it's actually plain stupid and has nothing to do with "my communistic oppinion" (like Halvhjearne wrote) but with the flawed logic/thinking of so many people in this community, it shocks me that not more of you are capable of understanding this simple logic, even thou I tried to explain it so many times now.

You don't have to agree with my opinion, but the logic behind your doing is causing this mod to become just another Wasteland/military DayZ.

I only try to enforce people to think, think about what they do and how much harm they can cause in the end, and I am also pointing them to already existing alternatives (which they tend to ignore), so the future of Epoch would not have to be flooded by kids looking for fast action, but it would be the only sucessfull survival mod for arma so far, which it looked to become when it startet, before the server files got released and the YouTubers (obviously only looking for action to show their viewers) jumped on the bandwagon.

But it already happened, these days we have more servers than players, around 8-9 out of 10 servers are more focused on a military playstyle than survival and new people that join and try out this mod, will only see and thread Epoch as another military focused mod with new weapons, new antagonists and a nice building and crafting system.

According to this, people that search for a survival experience were most likely rejected/pushed out of this community and have already turned away, looking for other mods (e.g. [url=http://www.exilemod.com/]EXILE mod) or even completely different games, and the rest will stick to the already established "Wastelandish" playstyle.

Of course, if someone now starts a survival orientet server, he will not get much sucess, because the big part of the community is already biased by their "fast action" experience they had on all the other servers (and have also seen on YT before they joined any server).

I don't get it, why I have to explain this over and over, it's simple logic and can be seen so easily, even from far away.

It happened to other mods and gamemodes before, it's nothing new, I just hoped this time it would not happen again (I was wrong).

A2 Dayz Mod startet as survival, ended up with tanks and AS50-TWS spawning at every corner, A2 Wasteland startet as simple survival, ended up with all survival elements removed and tanks and TWS weapons spawning everywhere.

Now look at Epoch:

People added the marksmen DLC weapons and military vehicles into Epoch, without thinking if they would fit into the scenario at all.

How is a civilian, in a post apocalyptic world supposed to find a .50cal Sniper rifle and immediately knows how to handle it?

How is a average person able to fly a attack helicopter or handle a complex military weapon system like a titan launcher?

Adding AKs, pistols and other (small caliber) guns from MOD packs to Epoch, would extend the variety while still perfectly fit into the scenario, but I already hear you say "boring".

This is my opinion, I'm not forcing it to anyone, but the logic applys to it more than to any other oppinion (I have seen so far) in this thread.

I really hate to sound so arrogant, because I'm not an arrogant guy and I'm also not talking down to anyone of you from a high horse, but it simply is the truth and what makes me angry is all your ignorance against it.

Again, you all can have a different oppinion (please DO have your own oppinions!), but stop being so ignorant against the truth, only because it does not support your oppinion.

Ignorance is the worst, and to deny the truth is ignorance in it's purest form.

TL;DR

You disagree with my oppinion - I'm totally fine with that.

You run your server the way you want - That's okay, you pay for it do what you want.

You ignore the truth and valid arguments - Don't expect to be taken seriously anymore.

You call me arrogant for debunking your flawed logic - You don't know me at all, but you obviously have a problem if someone disagrees with you or proves you wrong.

You actively support the dumbing down of Epoch - Expect to be called out as the cause of the ongoing degrading of this mod, and also as a supporter on its way to become just another "wastelandish" gamemode more on the list.

Have a nice day everyone

Greez KiloSwiss

i really cant be arsed to read all of your wot's ... writing this much will result in anyone with a decent Intelligence just skipping it cause they cant be bothered.

... but if you did not want to dictate how others, run thier server, why even care then? (in a short readable answer pls)

everyone has an idea as to what would be the ideal epoch server should be, unfortunatly its not up to us to judge what the players want and like ... personally i make servers for the players (and how they like it), not cause i feel like torturing them with long runs, shit loot and no possible ways to get a vehicle ...

Okay I am lost....This was started asking a question........Now to respect to all involved we have different ideas of a good server. Lets go back to the question at hand. How do you get launchers to lock on when on an Epoch server? It is no different then this other thread I just read about TWS scopes.....dont see this argument over there......Lets end the argument and answer the question. Think of this quote when reading this thread as I do. "Opinions are like butts, everyone has one, though some are considered one." That of course was the PG version of the quote as I am sure there are forum rules about language.

Halv I am sorry I did not get past the first page of this topic before I posted a comment. I still stand behind the quote I posted as I think it holds true??

Thanks guys after 10min of reading I finally got the simple answer. Why must we all fight over stupid stuff. Variety is the spice of life. Again to all of you that add your scripts out there for the rest of us. I mean no disrespect to anyone. We all have opinions and believe in them. Sometimes we force them on others and dont see what we did.