Epoch Thinks I Am Using a Different Version Than I Am

Mynameisspam1

Hello, I apologize as this may be somewhat lengthy as far as posts go. Recently, I've been having issues with joining servers. I can get into the lobby without issue, but every time I attempt to actually play the game I get sent back to the lobby after the loading screen. It doesn't give me any reason as to why I am kicked back into the lobby other than to change the area behind the player list, which, instead of showing scenery from the game shows the following message "You have an outdated version of epoch please download the correct version."

I don't fully understand why this is. I have the latest version installed (1.0.5.1), I know that. I downloaded it from DayZ commander first, and then later I torrented it using the torrent file from this site. This problem is uniform across all epoch servers that I attempt to join, which is why I know this is client side. I have verified game cache several times, done two full reinstalls of Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA (God bless my 120 mbs down), tried different versions of the mod, reinstalled the mod and have done copious google searches and had chats with admins from the servers that I attempted to join. This is really really annoying and I just want to play with my friends. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you for your time.

Hello,

Lately dayz commander is playing up and isn't working the way it used to be, its outdated. I reccomend using DayZ Launcher as it Is up to date and works fine. It works the same as dayz commander so there shouldn't be any difficulty's when it comes to installing new mods.

Download link:

http://dayzlauncher.com

After installing dayz launcher, download the mods that are being used by the server you want to join. Some servers use outdated versions of mods or use a extra mod, like overpoch.

Hope this helped you out.

Kind Regards,

Dutchy

• 3 months later...