A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

The @A3EAI folder needs to go in the folder that Arma 3 is installed in.

and -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive;@A3EAI;

should be -mod=@Epoch;   -servermod=@EpochHive;@A3EAI;

assuming you have the correct ip and port in there as well.

We have the same problem.

Added the @A3EAI folde in to the main dir. 

With -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive;@A3EAI; nothings spawns.

and with -mod=@Epoch;   -servermod=@EpochHive;@A3EAI; server isnt starting.

I get the same on my server. There is the occasional guy with all his gear except clothes. This makes it very awkward to loot him :P

I checked and the clothes the naked ones are wearing is called Dan. 

Sounds like an easy fix. I'll look in the config and see if I can just remove the Dan outfit from the list, or blacklist it.

Thanks for the info.

Sounds like an easy fix. I'll look in the config and see if I can just remove the Dan outfit from the list, or blacklist it.

Thanks for the info.

Dan is the default no clothes uniform

You probably need to change the

//Probabilities to equip uniform, according to AI level.
addUniformChance0 = 0.60;
addUniformChance1 = 0.70;
addUniformChance2 = 0.80;
addUniformChance3 = 0.90;

Options in the config so that they all get a uniform

I really appreciate the work you have done for the community Face and love your script however your attitude sucks balls. It's interesting that you have time to help the people on the Exile forum with your script but you don't have time to help the people over here. Several people are having an issue with the server freezing using your mod and instead of trying to work with them your answer is "don't use it". Pretty ugly show of character there bud, but I guess you can't be bothered with trivial issues such as these. I know of at least one server operator that offered to give you any information you requested but you completely ignored him and instead posted a forum message that said in effect "stop bothering me". Nice one......

If I don't have the time to fix an issue due to urgent real life matters, then you tell me what I should do other than tell people not to use something that is causing them problems.

My daily schedule for the past few weeks has literally been wake up, go to classes, come home, do work, eat dinner, go to sleep. For the past month and a half I have not left the house for anything other than classes. My weekends are spent doing classwork and studying. Instead of disappearing from the forums completely, I left a message saying that I'm busy for the next few weeks instead of simply disappearing without a word, but apparently that isn't good enough for you.

I have things that I need to take care of, things that will decide my future. Developing A3EAI is a hobby of mine, not a job. I'm sharing not because I want praise or fame or anything, it's just something I made for myself a long time ago using info I found by Googling, and decided to share. Unless you are willing to pay out of your pocket for me to drop my education and work on A3EAI full time, you do not have any right to demand my time when I have none to give.

Since you're such a genius about finding time to help people with an issue with no specific cause, why don't you offer a useful post other than general "fuck you Face" post.

Edited by Face

So After the Arma 1.52 patch my existing militarized and over 50 bases Altis Server started freezing. I tried turning off everything and mixtures of maneuvers to alleviate this nuisance. Arma 1.52 mentions of changing some things in the memory allocator side for the update. I believe this is part of the culprit and also Epoch 0340 seemed to affect my other militarized Australia map server with a 20minute freeze which was non-existent before 0340. In both cases a a full wipe of the server (FLUSHDB) in the redis database removed all the freezing. So far I have had no reports of freezing with the same script setup as I had previously.

I recently setup an extreme II(e.g. more then 20 ai roaming vehilces at one time) Takistan server with even more A3EAI ai's on map for a warzone vibe with a very similar setup as the other two servers I have. It runs fine and no freezes. I also have an exile altis server with with the same epoch altis roaming ai setup and exile has yet to freeze on it's side. I also have 3 custom milbase sections configured through Face's roaming script and is running very nice. I use the latest version of Epoch and A3EAI. I don't believe this is an A3EAI problem at all. Whatever A3 1.52 patch did seemed to penalize heavy load servers initially but a server wipe fixed both instances on 2 servers in my case. So maybe older code in pre-Epoch0340 and the 1.52 memory allocator changes didn't sit right for some reason? I'm not here to give an answer to this problem because I'm not a computer whiz. This is only my observations from my efforts on my servers.

Freezing issue (varies from 5 minutes to 20 minutes): Happens with A3EAI installed as a mod, also happens with RHS Escalation (in my experience) and to a varying degree any mod or addon installed server side. Problem only started after the last A3 update. A3 server freezes but RDP still works and the DB still tries to write information but isn't able to since it can't connect to a frozen server. Nothing is being written to the RPT because the server is freezing. Removing any of these mods resolves the freezing issue. It seems like the mods that cause the worst of the freezing are A3EAI and some of the admin functions using Infistar. At times it seems like a memory leak but the server never actually crashes, just stops for a while. One thing of note, restarting the server requires manually shutting down the A3 process in task manager as closing the server functions doesn't kill it. If a mod is installed in the epoch hive folder then the freezing time appears to lessen to around 5-10 seconds.

Edited by jaspoe30

I have like 8 missions up at one time and 3 milbases with A3EAI along with roaming ones. I just want to re-iterate that there are no freezes with this setup for my server after a wipe of the database. I run my servers on nfoservers full-dedibox and infiSTAR.

I agree that it is not this framework. Had the same issues. Even disabling A3EAI didn't solve it. Wiping the db did it for me. The error messages pointed to corrupt player data. Also A3EAI doesn't write to or read from the db as far as I am aware. 

Edited by ScaRR

These lags arent caused by A3EAI! We deleted the script from our server and we have got still those lags. It seems that one of the other scripts we are using is the reason. We are using VEMF (tested without the script but still lags), igiload, heli crashsides, custom crates, a briefing and a welcome script.

We will try to run our server vanilla to figure out if one of these scripts is the reason for the lags. I recommed to do the same if you got the same problem.

First of all, I owe Face an apology. I came off pretty rude and obnoxious in my post and that wasn't my original intent. Personally, I haven't used A3EAI since the A3 patch in September, however I have tried to help 3 different server owners with the same issue. We have tried everything from server wipes, to data base wipes to installing scripts/mods one at a time and letting the server run for a day or 2 but the issue eventually comes back. My frustration boiled over when I saw Face's post and the perceived lack of apathy that I saw in it and the result was my post. I love the work that Face has done, been using his scripts since A2 and it wasn't my intention to trivialize that in any way nor the contribution to the community that he has made.

I don't think that A3EAI is the cause, but do I think it is at least one of the triggers for what is causing it. As I said in my other post it seems that other mods are also causing it but the only mods that seem to truly affect the freezing reside server side and not in the mission download. The freezing seems to happen when I use the Infistar admin revive and teleport but not all the time. It also seems to happen when RHS was on the server, removing that cleared a lot of the lag. I also had Ryans zombies mod installed which again sits server side as a mod and had lag with that as well. So it doesn't seem like any particular mod/addon is the cause but rather the trigger. Going back to what bigsl said about the memory allocator makes a lot of sense. Maybe if we can all put our heads together and find out what each of us are running as mods/scripts we can get this figured out. I'm also using nfoservers dedi box with Windows 2012 R2.

jaspoe30

You and others like you that bring negativity and accusations to communites like this have got to come off your pedestal. All of you in here wasting space about something that in 2 minutes of reading I can see has nothing to do with this mans work  You have ignored him when he let the community know that life has gotten busy and his time for the Script was short. Yes maybe he was over in the Exile forums helping there more. Why would that be??? Because that version of the A3AI is new. Those people have less knowledge of his work.

Now look around the Epoch and Exile community. Those of you that have spread your entittlement attitude and your negativity have pushed Face to leave both communities. I hope that those of you on here bickering about how this mans work that you DID NOT PAY FOR!!!! broke your server are happy. Now you have a reason to throw his work away. I am sure he will be back someday. Maybe he will get more respect at that point.

I strongly suggest you check your attitude when you go crying and demanding to other devs. If you dont what you will have is a whole lot of nothing. They will all take their work and walk away!!!!!

Dawg, your post is aggressive and doesn't help anything at all. I already apologized for my post and as far as I'm concerned the issue is over. I never once said that A3AI is what is causing it. I said it could be a trigger for what is causing it. Reading comprehension is your friend. There is no reason to derail an active discussion from people that are trying to solve an issue that several servers suffer from. If Face left the community I doubt it had to do with any one thing and holding me personally responsible is both immature and ill informed. I don't feel like I am entitled to anything and I have tremendous appreciation for the man's work. If the thread continues as a personal attack when all I'm trying to do is help people with the server issues they have then take it to a PM or keep your mouth shut. The exile forum thread was deleted for a reason, take your vitriol and spew it somewhere else.

Face is probably the most generous and unassuming contributor to the Arma mod community I have ever come across and has been selflessly giving for years having done sterling work in Arma 2 he went on to provide what could be arguably called the gold standard in AI scripts and has always refined and honed his work,

Personally I am very grateful to him, could never thank him enough and wholly understand that he has a life and responsibilities outside of these communities I hope he realises his aspirations in life and does not dwell on the comments of the unthinking, the lives of server owners and a myriad of unsuspecting players will be the worse for his absence.

Well this makes me incredibly sad.  I had been using Face's AI on a previous server and was about to implement it on my new one, but alas I can no longer get the code because a bunch of thankless people who can't understand that people like Face and many others do this for free on their own time have personal lives.  Face if you're still out there reading, thank you for all your hard work on this and I hope things go well in your personal life and you can find time in the future to work on your hobby again.   

As a developer this situation makes me sad because I'm sure myself and other members of this community would be glad to try and help support Face's work in his absence, but because of some people now we get nothing.

Edited by kingchills

Dawg, your post is aggressive and doesn't help anything at all. I already apologized for my post and as far as I'm concerned the issue is over. I never once said that A3AI is what is causing it. I said it could be a trigger for what is causing it. Reading comprehension is your friend. There is no reason to derail an active discussion from people that are trying to solve an issue that several servers suffer from. If Face left the community I doubt it had to do with any one thing and holding me personally responsible is both immature and ill informed. I don't feel like I am entitled to anything and I have tremendous appreciation for the man's work. If the thread continues as a personal attack when all I'm trying to do is help people with the server issues they have then take it to a PM or keep your mouth shut. The exile forum thread was deleted for a reason, take your vitriol and spew it somewhere else.

All I can say to you is this. GO BACK AND READ what I wrote. The very first line in my post says it all. As you said " Reading comprehension is your friend."?

This is the first thing in my post that you are refering to "You and others like you". So you tell me how is that holding you personally responsible for anything? Or did you not comprehend what I wrote? Furthermore yes I was very aggressive because as I said bring your kind of negativity to a thread that has nothing to do with your issue regardless if the whole community had the same issue is wrong. You have a Dev that is trying to help people. He has to be able to find the post that are reporting bugs in his work. You going on and on about something that is unrelated to his work is the issue. You made his job harder and he had enough. I have a right to be aggressive because I know that he and his work has been around long before Arma 3. He has devoted more time to the Arma community than most out there.

That all being said you need a lesson on reading COMPREHENSION not me. If you have any further words for me feel free to PM me. Look at it this way then you dont have to censor your words.

All I can say to you is this. GO BACK AND READ what I wrote. The very first line in my post says it all. As you said " Reading comprehension is your friend."?

This is the first thing in my post that you are refering to "You and others like you". So you tell me how is that holding you personally responsible for anything? Or did you not comprehend what I wrote? Furthermore yes I was very aggressive because as I said bring your kind of negativity to a thread that has nothing to do with your issue regardless if the whole community had the same issue is wrong. You have a Dev that is trying to help people. He has to be able to find the post that are reporting bugs in his work. You going on and on about something that is unrelated to his work is the issue. You made his job harder and he had enough. I have a right to be aggressive because I know that he and his work has been around long before Arma 3. He has devoted more time to the Arma community than most out there.

That all being said you need a lesson on reading COMPREHENSION not me. If you have any further words for me feel free to PM me. Look at it this way then you dont have to censor your words.

Dude, the damage you and others like you did is already done. This temper tantrum alone is telling enough. You came off as an entitled asshole and Face reacted. Anything you do after that in terms of damage control is all to try and save face. And Face already discontinued his community support indefinitely.

Here's the thing though, the guy barely had much time to spare on this project to begin with. Giving mod support was actually something he did in spite of feeling that his instructions in the OP should be enough. He's wasted a lot of time and energy that he really does not have to spare needlessly, and to what end? People who are negative, for whatever reason always make a bigger impact than those who are positive. Probably it is because it is so unfathomable that you can get ANY criticism at all when you give away something for free.

Edited by Tobias Solem

Ok this is the last I'm going to say anything on this. Continuing to rake me over the coals is childish and immature. Face is a big boy and any decision he made was made on his own. You don't know why he made the decision he did and are assuming it was because of people like me and the so called entitlement we have. Burning me at the stake for him leaving is wrong. Your looking for someone to blame and I'm a convenient target because of my post however if you think he left based solely on what happened here then you are sadly mistaken. Yes, I made a mistake and made a post when I was frustrated. It happens but it made me the villain of this little drama. I apologized for it and deleted it. Move on, there is a whole wide world out there away from this game and I suggest you open your door and look out....it's ok if you squint a little. That bright light is called the sun.

I have like 8 missions up at one time and 3 milbases with A3EAI along with roaming ones. I just want to re-iterate that there are no freezes with this setup for my server after a wipe of the database. I run my servers on nfoservers full-dedibox and infiSTAR.

I agree that it is not this framework. Had the same issues. Even disabling A3EAI didn't solve it. Wiping the db did it for me. The error messages pointed to corrupt player data. Also A3EAI doesn't write to or read from the db as far as I am aware. 

We have wiped our DB too. Server runs with more than 100 AIs (Missions, patrouls, etc) from A3EAI and a  secondary mission script (VEMF).
We've played for about 5 hours and got an avarage of 30-50 server FPS and we had NO LAGS/FREEZES! 

Seems that wiping of the DB is helping.
We hope that this will not only help temporarily.  

Ok thanks Psy. We'll give that a try and see what happens and I'll suggest it to the other server owners. So far on our server we have taken off Ryanzombies, RHS, custom loot spawner and A3EAI and our freezing issue stopped. Would love to have all those back on though as the server is pretty dull to play on at the moment. I'll keep you updated on our findings.