A3EAI - Roaming/Vehicle AI Patrols - Discontinued

Face

I know there are going to be a lot of questions about "How do I configure..." and other "How do I" questions after release day, so here is a sneak peak to the main config file which will show all the features included in A3EAI: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=46X3YKjY. Note that A3EAI is still in development and changes can and probably will happen between now and release day.

There will only be two files meant for user ending (the other one is a blank file for custom spawns, blacklists, etc), which means no navigating through this folder and that file, so hopefully this will cut down on the "Where do I edit..." questions, because it will be: Just. That. One. File.

Just unbelievable, this will bring players from DayZ Epoch to A3 Epoch.

Will they be cached Ai ? to save server resources and spawn when a player is near.

A respawn option would also be great for static Ai

It will work just like it was in DZAI. All AI except air/land vehicle AI will despawn if no players are within their spawn areas. All the respawning options that were in DZAI will also be in A3EAI.

headless toggle? :)

There is no HC support right now and there won't be for now.

Edit: This is not to say that I will never support HCs. HC support is not currently planned but its is a goal to work towards.

As release day comes near, there's just a few things I want to say before I forget them (again):

A3EAI will be released as an Alpha version, and as with all software, scripts, etc, alpha versions tend to be buggy since they're fresh out of the coder's hands. My style of developing involves an an absurd amount of QA and testing before release, but I'm just one person and I'm as prone to error as anyone else. Therefore, from my own testing I am sure that A3EAI will "work" on some level, but the goal of the alpha testing is to answer the question of "but how well does it work?"

For users familiar with DZAI, you'll have to keep in mind that DZAI was released after almost 1 year of development (closer to 9 months, I forget exactly). In comparison, A3EAI will be released after a month of development, so there's much more things to do this time around.

The goals of the alpha phase testing:

1. Make sure it works and "does what it says on the box".
  2. Emphasis is on testing features that already exist, as opposed to developing new features.
  3. Seeing what features can stay, which need to go, and which need to be improved.

With A3EAI, I will be taking things slowly to avoid developing it so fast that I can't understand my own code. This was a lesson I learned for myself with DZAI at times whenever I coded/recoded so many new features that I couldn't make heads or tails out of anything. I know there will be many suggestions for new features (more options! more configuration! etc). All suggestions will be listened to and considered, but please do not expect immediate responses. Planning new features and changes takes time and planning. There's an infinite number of ways to implement a new feature incorrectly, but only a handful of ways to do it right, and doing it right takes time.

Well It is the 31st 12:31 am GMT am i being impatient Or what :). Please give clear install instructions so that even i can add it with no issues LOL i am such MOD noob haha

If you know how to copy and paste then you should have absolutely no problems.

Also I will see if I can write a quick how-to guide on creating custom spawns and blacklist areas soon. I've created a small .sqf file that can be used with the A3 Editor to help quickly create spawns/blacklists.

Edit: Added custom infantry guide to the new A3EAI Wiki (http://a3eai.wikia.com/wiki/A3EAI_Editor_Tool). Vehicle spawns and blacklist guide to follow soon.

I decided to release A3EAI about 12 hours earlier than planned. Have at it people. Link: https://github.com/dayzai/A3EAI

Just so everyone is aware, I'm going to be extremely busy with real-life stuff this coming week.

As a reminder, this is an Alpha version release, so if reporting any bugs or issues, please attach your RPT log using a site such as Pastebin with debug level 1/2 (2 is preferred but will output more text) enabled.

Edit: I seem to have bungled up some code while making last minute removals to HC test code. Please stand by.

Edit #2: Crisis averted, please redownload A3EAI if the package you downloaded causes the server to hang on startup.

if (A3EAI_debugLevel > 0) then {diag_log "A3>

4:02:41   Error position: <A3EAI_debugLevel > 0) then {diag_log "A3>

4:02:41   Error Undefined variable in expression: a3eai_debuglevel

4:02:41 File A3EAI\scripts\A3EAI_post_init.sqf, line 8

4:02:42 Starting mission:

4:02:42  Mission file: epoch

4:02:42  Mission world: Tavi

4:02:42  Mission directory: mpmissions\epoch.Tavi\

4:02:42 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_list

4:02:42 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listpreinit

4:02:42 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listpostinit

4:02:42 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listrecompile

4:02:42 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missiontaskslocal

4:02:42 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionconversationslocal

4:02:42 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionflow

4:02:42 "Epoch: Init Compiles"

4:02:42 "[A3EAI] Initializing A3EAI version 0.1.0 Alpha using base path A3EAI."

4:02:42 Warning Message: Script any\A3EAI_config.sqf not found

4:02:42 "[A3EAI] Compiling A3EAI functions."

4:02:42 "[A3EAI] A3EAI functions compiled."

4:02:42 "[A3EAI] A3EAI settings: Debug Level: any. DebugMarkers: false. WorldName: tavi. VerifyClassnames: any. VerifySettings: any."

4:02:42 "[A3EAI] AI spawn settings: Static: any. Dynamic: any. Random: bool. Air: bool. Land: bool."

4:02:42 "[A3EAI] A3EAI loading completed in 0.0769958 seconds."

4:02:43 Error in expression <scripts\A3EAI_post_init.sqf"

You know what I really fucking hate, people who can't use [ spoiler ] tags [/ spoiler ] when posting log files and ONLY FUCKING POSTS LOG FILES without any comment.

Redownload A3EAI (make sure its version 0.1.1), my last-minute removal of headless client testing code messed things up. And please use Pastebin in the future for log entries if you're going to be pasting large blocks of text. Not a big deal for this case since it's not that large a chunk.

Part of the reason I made an early release was because I'm so brain-dead tired at the moment that I'll probably sleep in past noon tomorrow. Not sure if I regret that decision.

[ spoiler ] tags [/ spoiler ]
# 28:21 Attempt to override final function - rscunitinfo_script
4:28:21 Attempt to override final function - rscunitinfo_script
4:28:21 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_init
4:28:24 Initializing Steam server - Game Port: 2322, Steam Query Port: 2323
4:28:24 Starting mission:
4:28:24 Mission file: epoch (__cur_mp)
4:28:24 Mission world: Altis
4:28:24 Mission directory: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Altis\
4:28:49 Strange convex component08 in a3\structures_f_epb\civ\garbage\garbagecontainer_closed_f.p3d:geometryView
4:28:49 Strange convex component10 in a3\structures_f_epb\civ\garbage\garbagecontainer_closed_f.p3d:geometryView
4:28:50 Strange convex component145 in a3\plants_f\tree\t_pinuss2s_b_f.p3d:geometryView
4:28:50 Strange convex component149 in a3\plants_f\tree\t_pinuss2s_b_f.p3d:geometryView
4:28:53 Strange convex component01 in a3\structures_f_epc\civ\accessories\beachbooth_01_f.p3d:geometryView
4:28:53 Strange convex component02 in a3\structures_f_epc\civ\accessories\beachbooth_01_f.p3d:geometryView
4:28:53 Strange convex component03 in a3\structures_f_epc\civ\accessories\beachbooth_01_f.p3d:geometryView
4:28:53 Strange convex component04 in a3\structures_f_epc\civ\accessories\beachbooth_01_f.p3d:geometryView
4:29:08 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_list
4:29:08 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listpreinit
4:29:08 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listpostinit
4:29:08 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listrecompile
4:29:08 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missiontaskslocal
4:29:08 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionconversationslocal
4:29:08 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionflow
4:29:08 "Epoch: Init Compiles"
4:29:09 "[A3EAI] Initializing A3EAI version 0.1.1 Alpha using base path A3EAI."
4:29:09 "[A3EAI] Reading A3EAI configuration file."
4:29:09 "[A3EAI] A3EAI configuration file loaded."
4:29:09 "[A3EAI] Compiling A3EAI functions."
4:29:09 "[A3EAI] A3EAI functions compiled."
4:29:09 "[A3EAI] A3EAI settings: Debug Level: 0. DebugMarkers: false. WorldName: altis. VerifyClassnames: true. VerifySettings: true."
4:29:09 "[A3EAI] AI spawn settings: Static: true. Dynamic: true. Random: true. Air: false. Land: false."
4:29:09 "[A3EAI] A3EAI loading completed in 0.213997 seconds."
4:35:24 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(896764025): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled
4:35:36 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1045171812): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled

[/ spoiler ] hope that is how you make a spoiler if not i am sry

OK I will do my best to say what has happened, I follow the instuctions to the letter. After install i started my server then i joined through A3 launcher as normal at loaded up to the connection screen before the lobby then freezes on the screen i can give a screenshot if needed i know this not a lot of info and i do not know if the above code is what you need NOOB very sorry.

OK i am sorry i can't do the spoiler thing

@home1:

I highly recommend using http://pastebin.com/ to post your logs, no need to worry about spoilers. Pasting large blocks of code makes the thread unreadable if using a phone or tablet device.

I suggest you try loading your server with the -autoInit parameter and wait for the server to completely load before trying to join the game.

You would need to add that parameter to whatever you use to start up your server.

This is what I use for my own test server:

@echo off
set arma3path=J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3
start "arma3" "%arma3path%\arma3server.exe"  -mod=@Epoch;@EpochHive; "-config=D:\DayZ Private Server\SC\config.cfg"  -port=2302 "-profiles=D:\DayZ Private Server\SC" "-cfg=D:\DayZ Private Server\SC\basic.cfg" "-name=D:\DayZ Private Server\SC"  -malloc=system -autoInit