Epoch Map editor Traders/new buildings

plaiides

Question

Hello, so last night i decided to make some edits to stary trader city on my epoch server.

1. I downloaded my mission.sqf and put it in my arma2otherprofiles file to be able to load it into the editor, i also used the mission.biedi file that was available to download that contained all the default trader city locations for me to edit them in the editor.

2.I deleted most of the default items in the trader city stary and built it basicly from scratch under my design, I also moved the trader location from the editor.

3. After i was done i saved the .sqf file and uploaded it to my server replacing the exisiting .sqf file (mission.sqf). I though that would replace the existing buildings and upate my new additions. ( i also went threw the steps of deleting whats on the top of the sqf everything from onto of vehicles and at the bottom of the file)

4. When i load my map on my server to check the modifications my traders all run away from me and half the warfare walls long arent there.

Just need some clarification on how exacly to make edits on the trader citys from the map editor so the edits i made save and the traders dont run away from me when entering the trader city, i defenatly did something wrong but i though that if i load up the mission.sqf file from my server (villayer) and made the edits and re upload it would work but obviously not. i am replacing the whole mission sqf with the editited one i made.

any help would be apreciated thanks

12 answers to this question

In your mission.sqf look at your traders and change it to this 

_unit_75 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createAgent ["TK_GUE_Soldier_5_EP1", [4078.2898, 11688.561, -6.1035156e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _unit_75 = _this;
  _this setDir 550.82233;
  _this setVehicleInit "this allowDammage false; this disableAI 'FSM'; this disableAI 'MOVE'; this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; this disableAI 'TARGET'; this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; this forceSpeed 0;";
  _this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
_this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; _this disableAI 'MOVE'; _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;_this enableSimulation false;};

Replace all info highlighted in Red with your Trader info

TK_GUE_Soldier_5_EP1

[4078.2898, 11688.561, -6.1035156e-005]

setDir 550.82233;

_unit_75 = objNull;

_unit_75 = _this;

by doing this it will keep your traders in 1 spot and doing what u want

alright thank you, one more question how exacly can i delete the default trader city layout and move the traders around and build it from scratch ive tried to do it but with no luck when i upload the changed nothing happens i use arma2 editor, im trying to remodel stary trader city

So i just tried to edit my mission.sqf, deleting all the objects in trader city stary and leaving the traders alone. I made sure i was only deleting the objects and when i load in most of the traders are gone only 2-3 remaing and i made sure i was only removing the objects out of the mission.sqf basicly to have nothing in the trader city just the traders and il add the edits after but now the traders are gone.

i made sure to add the

}; after each line but i must be missing something

p.s anyway we could talk threw I.M if not thats no problem just would be faster

@DayZ_Epoch_Server\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_17.Chernarus

or

@DayZ_Epoch_Server\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus

Each one has a different set up for Stary City but its not only Stary in that folder but all the Trade Citys and NPC around the map

When you look at the mission.sqf

You will see objects with  this Location not the same one but close

_this = createVehicle ["NAME", [6290.9214, 7798.6313, 3.0517578e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE];

Where is says 6290.9214 that 6 is telling me that object is located in Stary go in the file and find any location that starts with 6 and delete it thats if u want to remove all objects from Stary City.

If you are using the Arma Editer to make Stary then make it then you will need to take the File open it remove the UNIT u made in the Editer to add stuff down and copy over the Changes u made to to the mission.sqf

If you need more info on how to setup a trader read this 

http://opendayz.net/threads/tutorial-epoch-creating-a-new-trader.19593/

i did the same thing when i made my custom stary

f40geu.jpg

zn0juu.jpg

Dont mind my FPS lol i have 2 other games running in the background

dude thats an awsome stary city i really apreciate the help also, so when i do remove all stary objects some of my traders get delteded as well, i only have the medit and the weapon dealer left

edit: im keeping the original traders just removing all objects from the city so i can remodel then change trader position once the city has been re-built but like i said some of the traders dissapera after the edit

You may have to start with a Fresh mission.sqf

to avoid deleting Traders just remember they start with 

_unit_XXX = objNull;

and what you want to delete is 

_vehicle_XXX = objNull;

vehicle means its a Object and not a NPC/AI

by using the mission.biedi provided here

https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/tree/master/TraderCitySources

just pick the one your using.

if you use Arma editor to edit the mission.biedi you will have a easy time editing Stary to the way you like and moving traders around, i did mine the hard way and slower way and used notepad ++ and merging my files

yea i did delete some "units" but they seemed to be named after a building thats a bit weird. i do use that file with the editor what i did was go into the editor and open the default trader map and delete all the "6" locations. But i didnt do it from the editor i just used it as a referance and went into my mission.sqf and went to the lines of the buildings. one thing i cant figure out is how would u just delete/move traders/ add buildings right from the editor and save the file. i tried to upload it onto my server (which i use villayer) deleted the mission.sqf and uploaded the modified one and that's when everything got scrwed up. so i totaly delete the default mission.sqf file and uploaded the one i edited with the editor but did not work at all. so thats why i wanted to manually delete the buildings, sorry im rabbling on just trying to figure this out.

_vehicle_461 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Base_WarfareBBarrier10xTall", [6316.4673, 7792.5254, 3.0517578e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_461 = _this;
  _this setDir 35.687778;
  _this setPos [6316.4673, 7792.5254, 3.0517578e-005];
};

this an examble of what ive been deleting off my mission.sqf to clear objects from stary traders,

so i just delete only the vehicles stuff in stary and some of my traders are missing

When you open the editor it will open a empty map you have to click and load the file it wont do it automatically.

if you Saved a file in editor and then put that mission.sqf and replaced it with the one of your server your going to have problems because you just deleted everything from Epoch setup 

When your using Arma Editor its not made for Epoch so you have to load the Epoch mission.biedi 

How to load it

Go to Documents > ArmA 2 > missions

On your computer
Inside the mission folder make a new folder called

chenarustradercitys.Chernarus

Now Make a file called

mission.biedi

and copy everything here

http://pastebin.com/gttWr5Ct 

and past it in the mission.biedi

save file and start your editor and LOAD the file

Once your done and saved your file you may have to go into and edit the Traders with the code i posted earlier just use your original and look at the top and bottom if you have something like 

activateAddons [ 
  "microairvehicles",
  "map_eu",
  "oz_is_objects",
  "pook_h13",
  "mbg_buildings_3",
  "mbg_killhouses",
  "american_law_enforcement",
  "mbg_african_buildings",
  "monaro",
  "aif_arma1buildings"
];

activateAddons ["microairvehicles", "map_eu", "oz_is_objects", "pook_h13", "mbg_buildings_3", "mbg_killhouses", "american_law_enforcement", "mbg_african_buildings", "monaro", "aif_arma1buildings"];
initAmbientLife;

_this = createCenter west;
_center_0 = _this;

_group_0 = createGroup _center_0;

_unit_0 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = _group_0 createUnit ["SKIN NAME", [6296.2954, 7821.877], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _unit_0 = _this;
  _this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
  if (true) then {_group_0 selectLeader _this;};
  if (true) then {selectPlayer _this;};
  if (true) then {setPlayable _this;};
};

If You have something like this at the top of the file your going to want to delete it

at the bottom if you have 

processInitCommands;
runInitScript;
finishMissionInit;

just delete 

runInitScript;
finishMissionInit;

use your original as a reference 

anyways im off to bed  Happy New Years.

hey happy near year and thanks again for all the additional help, so when im done with the mission file do i use the beidei file for the additions or the mission file? bc i just tried uploading it to my server and none of the changes were updated. i did replace my sqf with the edited one.