Problems with Epoch mod (starting game, joining servers)

Kentsfield

Hello guys!

Since I love Epoch for Arma II, I thought I'll give Epoch mod a try. I downloaded the files (the @Epoch folder) version 0.2.5.1 and shoved it into the Arma III install folder. Started the game, the mod was found in the extensions menu, so I enabled it. Arma asked me to restart the game, which I did, but since then, the game won't start anymore. I see the splash screen, but at the point where the menu should come up, I only see the Arma III logo and the game freezes, I need to kill it via task manager. The only way to start the game, is by renaming the @Epoch folder.

After I renamed it, the game will start properly. But there's something uncommon in the extensions menu: I see the name of the mod in the extension list 3 times. One of them has no information or logo but is enabled, one is enabled with logo and info, and the other one is disabled but also has a logo and info. As soon as I enable the third one, this whole thing starts again (need to rename the folder...).

In the main menu of the game, I can see the activated epoch logo (when I have two entries enabled). When I search for servers with the name Epoch, I do find them, but can't join. This happens: I double click on the logo. The screen turns black for a few seconds or I clearly see that the game tries to connect to the server, and after that I'll be at the server browser again. Doesn't matter which server I try to join, this always happens.

I googled a lot and it seems like I'm not the only one having this problem, but no post was really solved. I already tried:

• Verifying game files (All files were ok)
  • Manually updating Arma 3 (Newest update installed)
  • Redownloading the mod files (didn't help)

Because my internet connection is very slow, I can't just redownload Arma III. I hope there is a way around. The strange thing is, that the game did work two days ago for one gaming session. I didn't change any options or files, but yesterday it didn't work anymore.

I hope you can help me, I really want to try out Epoch.

Thanks in advance!

Kentsfield

Hi Ryansgotacbr,

no problem - you're just trying to help me :)

Yes, it was the first time I downloaded Arma 3 Epoch. No older epoch versions in my Arma III folder. I extracted them from the zip (just the @Epoch folder). As I said, I re downloaded the zip file from another mirror and tried that, didn't help too.

strange that it freezes before youre even at the start menu makes it hard to figure out what it is.

maybe you can try to download playwithsix, its only 15mb  http://play.withsix.com/

with that you can join a server and bypass all that crap.

if you download that launcher go to your options, click settings, then go to game settings. make sure your game directory and mod directorys are in the right place (should both be in the same path) and in the box for startup parameters paste this in

-nosplash -skipintro -nopause

I can't believe it - it works!

The solution is just as simple as it is embarassing. I needed to enable the third Epoch expansion that was shown (Which makes the game go freeze). When I start the game, I said that I only see the Arma III logo and nothing happens. Well, I was just too impatient. I let it load for about one minute and guess what - I was ingame and saw the Epoch news. And joining a server is not a problem anymore.

Well, embarassing. I quit A3 and restarted it, it starts real quick now. Only the first start took about a minute to load.

You know, a PC with a i7 7490K and 16GB 2300 MHz memory, the game installed on a SSD Raid 0... When it takes a minute to load, there is something wrong usually ;)

Thanks a LOT to everyone who helped me, you guys are awesome!