Working Missions System

RedBreath

to spawn serverside AI you neded just:  примерно делаем так:

http://epochmod.ru/forum/index.php?/topic/135-kak-zastavit-bota-ne-ischezat-posle-spavna-na-m/

// 14400000 = 60 sec * 60 min * 4 hours * 1000 ticks

its prevent AI to despawn on server side along 4 hours (till usual restart period)

enjoy

nice thanks for sharing im testing right now

it's done with the added lines ;) now and it works fine also combined with the treasure hunt and ai missions :)

Creep es ist nicht so das ich das zum ersten mal mache (mit alis life zieht man sich viele stunden arbeit auf :P) ^^ dachte aber das die Fehlermeldungen etwas aussagekräftiger sind :) aber wenn jemand das so angibt mit zeile 21 dann tu ich das auch grad mal so ;) (natürlich mit saves)

just for a test ... rename your script.txt and put an empty script.txt

to know which line .. script error number = line +1 in script.txt

in be folder you have also a script.log that should give you a hint what to enter as filter

As I said "modify line 33 not 21" ist just a hint.

What to edit? What add/delete in this line?

don´t know ... i am not using this script - check your logs ... and then :

try to get the filter working

empty the line 

or put instead 7 a 1 in first position ( / = kick / 1= only log)

lasik_s :

when you have no clue what you are doing - then don´t do that - working with no script.txt open your server for all kind of hacks and scripts. 

At least you should wait until a "final&confirmed" version is out instead openening your server and using prealphascripts ...

Hello All,

I can confirm that this mission system works fine if you have little to no population ingame.

If you have more than 10 players ingame you will see significant reductions in  FPS and dsync_val.

I ran this Miss Sys on my test_bed with 10 players and it's unplayable even after reducing AI numbers to just 3 per mission.

I personally think HC is the way to progress with this until .pbo access is achievable.

STENCH

Or recode this SERVER side

Totally agree with you on this^^

Just tested HC, works flawlessly getting 70 FPS with 35 players ingame.

Time to tweek and create!

Big Thanks to Hogscaper for his Tutorial and OP for Mission System however , I think in regards to the Mission Template > We can do better than this!

New WIP.

STENCH

With the time and effort put in by the Dev's, running AI on the server (outside of what they build), would be a crime.

HC is the solution.

Actually based upon the size of Altis, a 'multiple HC' will be the solution.

Lower your player limit to 80, add 4 HC's and things will get very interesting :)

With the time and effort put in by the Dev's, running AI on the server (outside of what they build), would be a crime.

HC is the solution.

HC is not the solution. If the missions were done correctly in the first place. Bandaging another bandage is not the way to go. Also there is little do to keep players interested is why people want missions. Has nothing to with lack of respect to the DEVS. Rethink about what your saying here.

100 players on a single thread, add AI to a a map in support of 100 players = server death.

Unless you enjoy playing at 2-15fps ;)

I understand the Devs are focusing on OPTIMIZING the server to support a 100 player base, and I believe in finding solutions that don't defeat their efforts.  They are not doing it so someone can run a server that supports 10 people because of sloppy/lazy coding.

That is what I am saying.

I am sure it will be done, but the current 'epoch2 code mirrors' I am seeing will only take us down the path of low performance servers again.

On another note, if you think using an HC is a bandage...well maybe I just wasted a few minutes typing.

well maybe I just wasted a few minutes typing.

So lets think about this. This particular script is mission side which put alot of stress client side. Your saying the answer to this is to put HC in to fix the problem. In this case using HC to solve this is a bandage, rather than writing this to work server side. In turn would most likely fix the lag issue.

Why do you think DZMS and WAI are written server side? To be cute?  :P