Weapon Damage?

Nick Collins

So i was playing on skaranator and was inside my base then someone was near it and he was standing stil.
I aimed at his head started spraying with my katiba 6.5 and he didnt die then he returned fire with the zafir and i died right away,how is this possible?
I've played on many different king of the hill servers + atlis life servers always when i shot someone i kill him but it seems that on the epoch servers that 6.5 weapons do no damage at all.

i atleast hitted him 5 times with my katiba probably more.

You're right, 6.5mm is just about equivalent to the 5.56mm in standard Arma 3. I think it's the player-health that's been buffed, tho - as you seem to take less damage from falling and crashing as well as from weapons.

Personally, I find that the weapon damage should get the same buff as to balance.

I can only recommend sticking to 7.62mm and higher, as anything lower will get you killed in some of these ridiculous situations like you mentioned. 

Check your zeroing, I think some sights are zeroed to a couple hundred meters and if you aimed right to his head when he was pretty close to you, the bullets would have gone right over his head.

I can confirm 100% surely that this is not a one time thing, and that it happens consistently if you don't pop a guy right in the noggin. It has nothing to do with his zeroing, hitting, or missing - as he said, he definitely hit him at least 5 times, which would've killed him in standard Arma 3.

I have had the same thing happen multiple times, there's definitely something up with the dmg/health, which massively unbalances the standard arma 3 weaponry - making especially the .50cals insanely OP, but also the 7.62mms.

Might add that I've played ~1300h A3.

I would like to point out that (using the ARCO as an example) there is a very feint dash located above the ^ when you zoom in.  I believe that is for close to 100m but I would need to check to make completely sure.  If you were in dot sight mode on anything though you shouldnt of had any issues with hitting him.  I generally dont have any issues with types of ammo.  When I shoot ppl they tend to die if I aim correctly, but there is desync in arma.  I know for a fact that I put half a mag in a guy today playing king of the hill and he turned on me and one shot me.  It happens.  Hey how about that Ive played damn near 1300 hrs as well :P

Had to put about 50 Zafir rounds in one guy the other because of desync, probably took 5-10 sec before the death message came up.. Really not fun when it happens cause you don't know until a couple of minutes after if he has returned fire and maybe killed you.

Had to put about 50 Zafir rounds in one guy the other because of desync, probably took 5-10 sec before the death message came up.. Really not fun when it happens cause you don't know until a couple of minutes after if he has returned fire and maybe killed you.

If the server dysnc and he shoots on your body aswell when you are dysnc you will die once they server is back to normal.