Adding Missions to the Dayz_server.pbo file

Codemanx

Question

Hello Everyone, I have read all the topics on these forums that have to do with the missions. However, it seems these instructions are for those of you that have dayz.st or Villar servers. I am with Survival Servers and I am having some troubles understand where to start. Please let me know if there Is a thread that I missed or if there is someone here that can help.

Thanks

Codemanx

4 answers to this question

With Survival Servers, do you have access to the dayz_server.pbo?

The instructions for the MIssions is not related to any specific server host as far as I know. If you dont have access to the dayz_server.pbo or the unpacked equivalent, then you wont be able to do this change.

I do have access to the pbo however the instructions are not clear to me. They are telling me to open the server config file and look for fn_blah blah.. I can not location anything in my PBO that says fn_??? . However, when I had a Dayz server with Dayz.st. I did see this in the server file there. Might be missing something..

Hello Codemanx, I am pretty sure that you are talking about the fn_selfActions.sqf file, it can be found in your dayz_code.pbo file, or on the GitHub of Dayz Epoch right there https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/SQF/dayz_code/compile/fn_selfActions.sqf

If this is not the file you are talking about, can you tell us which one you are looking for ?

Also, on Dayz.ST you can get the server pbo and mission pbo files by clicking Advanced Settings in your Control Panel, and then "get default" on each file. Use a PBO Manager to extract them.

Missions guide example: https://github.com/lazyink/DayZ-Missions

Not sure what you'd want to do with fn_selfActions.sqf where Missions is concerned but as l0sth34d said its on your PC in the @DayZ_Epoch\Addons\dayz_code.pbo file (under /compile/fn_selfActions.sqf) on your pc and you need to extract it.

If you are talking about files like server_functions.sqf there are in your Server Pbo in the "init" folder

If you still having a hard time with this maybe consider just joining one of the thousands of Epoch servers there already is and skipping the tons of work an Epoch sever can be :D