Non-existent Trader: Bug/Glitch, Hack, anomaly?

VeritechHT1

Was just on UroGaming's hardcore server and went to a location where a trader was supposed to be based upon map marker. However, when I got there there was a corpse, assumed to be another player, and sniper (overwatching from another location). My questions are: is there a way to 'kill' traders? Is there a bug where, if someone gets killed while interacting with a trader, the trader despawns? Did the trader just not spawn in that location? Or did someone remove the trader via some nefarious manner?

I assume the corpse wasn't a player as they were wearing workers coveralls, and I've never seen traders wear that outfit; but it could have been the trader, I don't know.

I will report this in the bug forum, and on the appropriate server forum, but I figured I'd ask here as I'm still new to the mod (less that five hours played).

Thanks.

No, you cannot get killed by interacting with a trader, but other players can kill you in the the trader area and the traders can be killed. This only applies if you are at a green or brown trader. The blacks ones have safe zones.

Thanks for the replies folks: I went back and checked, and that location wasn't a proper trader location. More then likely the sniper in question made a fake location so as to bait people: you live, you learn. Anyway, looks like there still are some unresolved issues/questions in regards to traders and safe zones. Hopefully as development progresses, the wiki gets 'flushed out.' Thanks again.

you know you can delete any player made markers right?

and a vendor marker stays active even if the vendor is dead.

the marker does not get removed  until a server reset when a new vendor is spawned in at a random location.

green seems to be a new trader placed on the last reset, and a brown one is an established(from prev reset) black is perm trader at spawn locations.

you know you can delete any player made markers right?

and a vendor marker stays active even if the vendor is dead.

the marker does not get removed  until a server reset when a new vendor is spawned in at a random location.

green seems to be a new trader placed on the last reset, and a brown one is an established(from prev reset) black is perm trader at spawn locations.

Yes, I know you can delete map markers I just don't play any game modes where markers are used other than to spam offensive comments on the map. Again, like I said, live and learn: until I'm comfortable that I know where all the traders are located, I'll <mouse-over><delete> all markers to make sure they're legitimate.

However, I can tell you that on another server later today, I interacted with a trader that had no items and did not have a map marker (I was able to sell loot to him for cash though). I.e. the mod is still in alpha, and as this discourse has proven, there still isn't definitive knowledge of the mechanics let alone that there are bugs. In addition, I've yet to see a 'green' marker for a trader: only orange/brown and black. I'll keep what you said in mind: thanks.

lol i just assumed everyone had seen the "Advanced Weapons Trader" or "Cultist Summoning Circle" markers my group always likes to put down to try and get someone to deliver loot to us ;D. we cant be the only ones trying to teach people not to trust the map. LoL

Tricks like that work both ways.  Look out that you don't get hunted yourself.