Night time resets when you Relog

ChesterCheetoz

Question

I looked on the forums and couldn't find anything on this, or I didn't look hard enough.  I set my server to start at 6pm, I do 4 hour restarts.  I want people to be able to have a little bit of dark before restart.  For some reason when they relog, it set the time back to 6pm.  People are able to relog if they don't want to play in the dark.  I've had it set before where it worked correctly but since the new patch I haven't been able to get it to work.  I'm certain the patch has nothing to do with it, it was just around that time that I've been unable to get it to work.  I did the same thing I did last time so don't  understand what's going wrong here.  Also, I use Vilayer hosting, they have an option where you can set the time.  I set mine for 6pm on restart.  Hiveext says something like

static

for the time

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Chester

13 answers to this question

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? One player might be logged in long enough for it to get dark, but as soon has he relogs, it resets the time back to day.  Also, there are times when people log in and it gets dark for them, then someone else logs in hours later and it daylight for them.  I read something about it being fixed in a previous patch and also read of a fix for the server_monitor file, but that string of code for the fix is already in there.  Most of my players are getting tired of daylight all the time and I've tried everything I could think of to fix this.

Maybee the Time Sync Intervall is to long. But maybee something else will cause this Problem

How would I fix this? I read somewhere that it could be a sync issue but the only fix I found was by changing something in the epoch events under server monitor file that that was already done. Ive tried just about everything I can think of... Having day is nice sometimes but most of my players want night time as well.