Plot Poles

mikeloeven

I personally think that the plot pole mechanics in and of themselves are enough of a deterrant for loot blocking. i would like to suggest that plot poles should be something constructed not bought. it really makes no sense that in a post apocalyptic society that any regulative authority would exist to manage land ownership and having players purchase the item from a trader sets a strange and unrealistic standard for property mechanics. i think it would be 100% better to make plot poles a craftable item that uses materials cost as a ballancing mechanic. it makes more sense to stake a claim on your own and the current "YOU MUST BUY THIS" setting. Is a bit offensive to the survivalists that want to be 100% self sufficiant.

it is not 3 large metal...  the recipe is (as of the last time I screwed with them)

take 3 small metal, craft 1 large metal

take 3 more small metals craft a 2nd large metal

double click one of the large metals and you can now craft the freq jammer

problem with them the last time I used one is once placed it not only blocks other players from building but it blocks the owner as well....

Can anyone confirm if once placed it does or does not let you continue building?   last time i placed one (before the requirement for building it was increased) it would not let the owner build in the area either.... was going to test myself but the server i went back on that had a shit ton of supplies i had stashed in a tee pee seems to have been wiped as all the teepees were gone and you cant destroy those so it had to be a wipe....