Will a my new processor help fps ?

GuvNaylor

hey so i currently have a rather poor processor ... AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor

and was thinking about upgrading to a 

AMD (Piledriver) FX-6350 3.90GHz (4.20GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 6-Core Processor - Retail#

and was wondering if this will kick out a few more fps in arma3 and epoch , i have a geforece gtx 760 (8gb ddr3) ram) and ofcorse i will be upgrading my motherbored to a am3+ compatable with ddr3 , specs are below any other things i could really use a upgrade on ? 

post-20738-0-56551300-1410464412_thumb.p

I use that exact processor and ArmA3 runs brilliantly smooth. These are my PC specs:

• CPU: AMD FX-6350 Six-Core Processor 3.9 GHz
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • 2 TB HDD
  • Graphics Card: AMD R9-270X
  • Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case

If not convinced, here is a quick highlight I made playing on that equipment: http://www.twitch.tv/gabewalker/c/4659090

I use that exact processor and ArmA3 runs brilliantly smooth. These are my PC specs:

• CPU: AMD FX-6350 Six-Core Processor 3.9 GHz
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • 2 TB HDD
  • Graphics Card: AMD R9-270X
  • Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case

If not convinced, here is a quick highlight I made playing on that equipment: http://www.twitch.tv/gabewalker/c/4659090

ah nice to hear i followed your twitch , how many frames are you throwing out in a epoch server i can get up to 40 but most of the time 25-30 and do you think the processor will boost them alittle ?thanks for the feedback !

ah nice to hear i followed your twitch , how many frames are you throwing out in a epoch server i can get up to 40 but most of the time 25-30 and do you think the processor will boost them alittle ?thanks for the feedback !

Thanks man! :D I am throwing out about 30-40 on the Epoch servers. The processor will definitely boost that a little for you.

Arma is using a 12 yr old engine so for most games your cpu shouldnt hinder you too badly, but for Arma 3 the faster your clock speed on your CPU the better, I run 4.3 clock speed on my AMD 8350 and get around 50-60 frames, Also if you play on Altis alot having a SSD Harddrive will help you immensly (5-10+FPS gain). the processor i would recomend is either a really fast dual core intel cpu or a overclocked to hell  AMD 8350 on the cheap end or if you money get a high end intel processor with fast clock speeds and your golden