Chainsaw as an meele weapon in Epoch?

SantaKlau

I already posted this in a different thread, but nothing about melee.

That could be interesting.

I would absolutely LOVE to see a chainsaw added that will speed up the process of chopping down trees.

This is the most boring and time consuming part of the mod in my opinion, and having something that would speed it up would be a great addition.

A chainsaw makes a lot of noise however, and should attract any nearby zombies.

It should also require fuel, but there currently isn't any small gas cans. Maybe a fill will just last a really, really long time.

I don't know about other maps, but in Chernarus there are small lumber camps spread around the map with sheds near them. make the chainsaw a spawn chance at those only possibly.

possible crafting recipe:

1 engine parts - engine

2 scrap metal - chassis and misc parts

1 fuel tank parts - fuel tank

1 wire fence kit - chain (or require a bicycle for it's chain if thats possible. it would make it harder to craft which may be a good thing)

1 tank trap - blade

I already posted this in a different thread, but nothing about melee.

That could be interesting.

This is an really nice idea, i would be appreciate if they can make it happen like this and maybe, with an option as an melee weapon. Sounds really badass, for an Zombie Mod. I miss the Chainsaw, its the most used weapon in Zombiefilms and stuff. Please make it happen.

to be honest in a game like dayz the chainsaw would end up being religated to wood harvesting. it is just too loud for a practical weapon and the fact that your in melee range using it would result in unacceptable player damage. so as awesome as it is the melee weapon part would end up like the enfield.