Epoch Inventory Auditing Tool

you could try modifying my code to convert to int64 instead of 32 and see if that helps.  If you have visual studio, I'd set a breakpoint along those lines and see where it is throwing the exception, exactly.

Yeah, i figured its something to do with that....nah dont have VS...had it but cant be bothered really to compile it for that....i'll be reconverting my db back to normal when the normal hivext gets released...i'll use it then :)

Hey guys, sorry total noob here. I entered the info requied in the Config file. Moved all the files from the bin folder to a new folder on my desktop called Dupe Checker. I opened up my command prompt and entered "dze_inventory_parser.exe --configfile=config.xml". Didn't work obviously, what do I do next?  :huh: 

Hey guys, sorry total noob here. I entered the info requied in the Config file. Moved all the files from the bin folder to a new folder on my desktop called Dupe Checker. I opened up my command prompt and entered "dze_inventory_parser.exe --configfile=config.xml". Didn't work obviously, what do I do next?  :huh: 

can I get a screenshot of your console or pipe it to a text file

There seems to be an issue with case sensitivity. if I do 'DESCRIBE dayz_epoch.object_data;" I get "does not exist. If I do DESCRIBE "dayz_epoch.Object_DATA;" it works. May need an update.

is your sql server running on linux or windows?  I've seen this happen before but not typically on windows

you are running this program thru your local console right?  If so, take a screenshot of the console's output so I can see what its saying.

alt + printscreen  - copies the curernt picture of window to clipboard

then goto imgur.com and hit ctrl+v and upload

OK in other news... I'm going to release a lite version of this tool as this was more a proof of concept.  I'll also release an API so you can use the functionality in the main program in your own

a taste of what the API can do :D

MXIBJh7.png

Very interesting Ham will try this out. By chance does this tool show orphaned object? Meaning objects owned by players that no longer are in the player database?

Also do i unerstand this correctly that this doesn,t just dump the sql but is a live connection so changes made are immediately in the database?

I'm generalizing this but the tool pulls the inventory of all the objects in the objects_data tables and parses each item and counts them up.  It is a huge pain to compare two inventories to another as the order of items is pretty dynamic, this tool allows you to do lots of neat stuff like that.

As for orphaned records, if you're running a stock epoch server, each characterID key should tie to a character_data row.  It does not check for orphans as far as I remember and I don't think it even looks at that although it could I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to recompile with the correct case for my linux sql box, but I am getting an "outside the bounds of the array error" now. Any chance you could take a look at making this work with a linux sql box? 

can you please screenshot the error? Also if you can send me a pastebin of your schema via pm that would be helpful as well.