Awful Frame rate Stuttering

Hey guys, 

I started playing DayZ Epoch a few months ago and it ran great. I stopped playing for a few months but recently decided to play again. I updated my DayZ commander, Epoch, etc. Recently whenever I try to play on an Epoch server I have awful frame rate stuttering that makes the game unbearable to play. I've looked around for solutions and have tried different things but no luck. The first few seconds that I load into the game it runs fine, but once I'm in for about 30 seconds the stutters start to come. My FPS goes from 50-60 to 10 for a second and locks up the screen. Hopefully someone here has had the same issue and can help me resolve it. 

Here's my specs

Windows 7

CPU

Intel® Core™ i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz

CPU SPEED:

3.72 GHz

SYSTEM MEMORY:

17.09 GB

VIDEO CARD MODEL:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Ti OEM

VIDEO CARD MEMORY:

4.23 GB

VIDEO CARD DRIVER:

nvd3dum.dll

PRIMARY DISPLAY RESOLUTION:

1920x1080

Specs seems like they should net solid 60 fps.  Gonna say right off the hop its could be just bad luck with servers.

Things I suggest.

#1 In your hidden files c:\users\your name\appdata\local\arma2OA\  there's a file called ArmA2OA.RPT this file keeps track of local errors while running the game.  Until you get this fixed I recommend that before each time you launch the game delete this file so that it will make a new one for you to examine for errors.

So each time you connect to a server check that file for errors.

#2 Try running steam as administrator.  Try running Arma 2 just to make sure steam doesn't say that it is the first time it is being run.  Also try running Operation Arrowhead as admininstrator.  Running as admin might help with the FPS and if steam for whatever reason thinks arma 2 has never been run then there will be errors.

#3 Keep trying different servers and see if you get different results.  Hopefully you will find that it was a server issue and nothing to do with your computer.

#4 You could also try special launch parameters but I don't know exactly which ones to recommend.

Not sure what else to say.

My specs:

Windows 8.1

CPU

Intel® Core™ i7-3770K CPU @ 3.40GHz 

CPU SPEED:

overclocked to 4.07 GHz

SYSTEM MEMORY:

8 GB

VIDEO CARD MODEL:

2x NVIDIA GeForce 660 Ti SLI

VIDEO CARD MEMORY:

unsure i think 2 gb each

VIDEO CARD DRIVER:

unsure

1920x1080

Server ver: 1.63.125548

Epoch 1.0.5.1

Pretty solid 60 FPS in game even after server running for hours.

Did you build your PC

Hey guys, 

I started playing DayZ Epoch a few months ago and it ran great. I stopped playing for a few months but recently decided to play again. I updated my DayZ commander, Epoch, etc. Recently whenever I try to play on an Epoch server I have awful frame rate stuttering that makes the game unbearable to play. I've looked around for solutions and have tried different things but no luck. The first few seconds that I load into the game it runs fine, but once I'm in for about 30 seconds the stutters start to come. My FPS goes from 50-60 to 10 for a second and locks up the screen. Hopefully someone here has had the same issue and can help me resolve it. 

Here's my specs

Windows 7

CPU

Intel® Core™ i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz

CPU SPEED:

3.72 GHz

SYSTEM MEMORY:

17.09 GB

VIDEO CARD MODEL:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Ti OEM

VIDEO CARD MEMORY:

4.23 GB

VIDEO CARD DRIVER:

nvd3dum.dll

1920x1080

Did you build that PC? If so why do you have 17.09GB of ram?

Hey guys, 

Try to play on a few different servers and see if this is a consistent problem - it could be as simple as turning things down from Ultra Super Duper High on everything, to the server being packed and filled with scripts/addons that does nothing but suck resources away from the server, thereby server having crappy frames to share with the players...