Vilayers New Overpoch Installer

inigomontoyayoukilledmydad

Question

So Vilayer has now added a "Overpoch" service to its DayZ package. and i have had alot of questions about it. so i figured id check it out for people wondering.

its includes very little. all it does is install the Overwatch files for you. it does NOT install any overwatch loot, or any overwatch trader data. its basically just like the Epoch installer, except you dont need to edit your startup bat, or manually download the @Overwatch files. but you still have to add you custom loot tables to get the new guns in the loot, and edit the SQL from the traders to put the new guns in there so they can be bought/sold.

so basically if you have a Overpoch server running stable on vilayer, then stay with it your not missing anything. its a pretty misleading thing to claim a automatic installation of Overpoch so i figured id give people a heads up. 

3 answers to this question

It would have been nice for Vilayer to explain that b4 I deleted my SQL database...It hurt doing that! Easy enough to transfer the files over, but now I can't access the new database and keep getting a denial error!

It seems you have experience with Vilayer, maybe you can help me with a few questions if you don't mind.

My apologies if this is the wrong section or wrong way to ask for assistance, I'm new to the forum.

I keep getting this error when I try to connect to HeidiSQL database: SQL error (1045) in statement #0: access denied for user 'root' @ 'whatever ip I'm using when I try to log in' (using password: YES). Have you had any experience with this?

I've read through the forum on the HeidiSQL website  and tried a few of their answers, but none of them worked. I submitted a service ticket through Vilayer almost 3 days ago and it seems their customer service is about as useful as tits on a boar cause they haven't taken the time to assist! The database is working because everything stays on after a restart; vehicles, constructed items, etc., and the server is stable (knock on wood) and working properly, for the most part, so I'm not sure why I'm getting this error.

The other question I have is when the overwatch custom loot tables are added, do they supplement the epoch loot tables or do they override them? I have overpoch on the napf map and overwatch loot is spawning, but after I added the custom loot all the additional and enterable buildings that were added to the map in the last few updates don't spawn loot at all. Do I need to create spawn points for all those buildings or did I miss a file or something?

Thanks for the post and your assistance. 

@Bigdaddy73: 

1.) For Vilayer, make sure your server is running when you try to connect to the DB - you stop the game server, you will end up stopping your DB as well. 

2.) Make sure you look in your HiveExt.ini for the DB connection details - you might not be trying to connect on the proper DB port. 

3.) Overpoch requires you to essentially have your own custom loot table - it will supersede the Epoch regular loot table generation and use the custom one for it all.

4.) Unless you have taken the current 1.0.5.1 loot files and modified in Overwatch gear, you will not have all the new buildings generate loot. I think most custom loot tables here on the forum are missing the new buildings - hopefully I am wrong and I was just unlucky to take that one. :)