Overpoch Trader Issue

MrMackeyMKayyy

Question

Hey there everyone, I am running into an issue when I go to the traders and I am unable to access a menu or even a scroll menu drop down on the NPC's at Stary (have not checked other traders). I am clueless as where to look for this issue and what could possibly be causing it.

Something that has recently happened that I cannot figure out as well is my server now starts with 3 errors each time I launch it and I also get a cannot play/edit mission as you are mission the file monaco. I am curious if these errors are linked to the traders or not. Does anyone have the slightest idea of the issue or possibly things which may be causing this?

b2cb7e35da83ab6e3b6881214b275b96.png

e40131776660c52386f307d762067ef2.png

EDIT 1: After doing some looking I believe I have found the 3 objects having issues in the database, it seems that there are 3 data tables for the Merlin. Seems they are what may be causing that error to appear in my console.

EDIT 2: Updated images with ALL information

Pictures of Merlin duplicated in database.

38d56fc192da47af53e8e9570db1c68b.png

ef4b722c33ddaa88a02d47315da0f14f.png

af05fac6337db5c6b01fc48399a41334.png

I really do appreciate all the help/feedback in advance.

Edited by MrMackeyMKayyy

3 answers to this question

If you export those specific files into a spreadsheet, will you see anything special related to those lines? or can you post the complete string that Heidi gives? Could be something that is not seen in the screenshots, like world positions or something. 

Heidi seems to be very forgiving sometimes with what we humans enter into the DB, and displays it nicely in the result, while there might be a blatant issue that is easier to be spotted when seen in a notepad++ or imported into Excel. 

If you export those specific files into a spreadsheet, will you see anything special related to those lines? or can you post the complete string that Heidi gives? Could be something that is not seen in the screenshots, like world positions or something. 

Heidi seems to be very forgiving sometimes with what we humans enter into the DB, and displays it nicely in the result, while there might be a blatant issue that is easier to be spotted when seen in a notepad++ or imported into Excel. 

Ah, I am very sorry about that! Forgot I was just taking the shot in a small window. I just updated the main area where those pictures were to include all of the information that was missing from it previously.

The info just tells me that there are 3 Merlins in different locations with different damage states really. I can't really think of anything causing a db error from that. Should I attempt a db reset for objects?

I don't believe this is a big deal really, my main concern is the traders not working. Anyone happen to know a way to reset the trader db? Or can I just do a simple dump of the db and will it refill the default traders?

if traders are broken it could be a problem in the DB or a problem in server_traders file in your missions folder. i have had this happen a bunch. either i fucked up adding a trader to the mission file or the db got corrupted while i did work in it. either way whenever i get this problem restoring my DB and restoring my server_traders file in my missions folder fixed it back to normal. 

if you edited either or recently before the problem id bet thats it