Init_loot Error?!?!

Outlaw

Question

At the minute on one of my Namalsk test servers I am running plain vanilla epoch 1.0.5.1 however I am getting these errors which will not allow clients into the game. At first I thought it might have been my scripting error so to see if it was I reset my mission pbo to the default file, but I still get this error.

13:15:00 Error Undefined variable in expression: _weight
13:15:00 File z\addons\dayz_code\init\loot_init.sqf, line 86
13:15:00 Error in expression <nd (((_itemChances select _l) select 1) * 100);
for "_k" from 0 to (_weight - 1)>
13:15:00 Error position: <* 100);
for "_k" from 0 to (_weight - 1)>
13:15:00 Error *: Type String, expected Number
13:15:00 File z\addons\dayz_code\init\loot_init.sqf, line 85

I have seen another thread about this error however it has not helped me resolve this issue.

Anyone got any wise ideas or tips to fix this issue?

Many Thanks :)

12 answers to this question

Any ideas it's still happening, and I'm using Vanilla Epoch. I have Epoch 1.0.5.1 running on one of my other servers hosted by Vilayer. However it doesn't work on my Vert server at all, and they just say it's a problem with the epoch mod contact a dev but surely it's not if other server can run it.

Therefore I'm stumped. 

I got the guys at vert to revert back to the default root epoch files, so it got rid of all modifications, But I still have the error.

Would I need to put...

DZE_MissionLootTable = false

Even If it's not in the default init.sqf anyway?

I'm running on 112555, what should I be running on?

There is likely the issue - to solve it: 

1.) Log in to your CP and go to the Update section

2.) Install beta patch 125408

3.) Install beta patch 125548

4.) Try again. 

The reason for installing the earlier patch was a bug with Vert's beta patcher that did not correctly insert all the steam code you needed when you went to the very latest patch directly. 

I believe they fixed the issue, but just in case go with the steps above.

Try putting DZE_MissionLootTable = false; into your mission init.sqf and see if that works? 

Something is causing loot_init.sqf to trigger an error, that much we know. Do you have any includes in the description.ext that would call on custom loot? 

I've tried that in the init.sqf already and there are no includes in the description.ext. Could it be the map some how causing the issue as I have 2 other Chernarus servers running on 1.0.5.1 with no issue, this only happens when I try to run it on Namalsk

You didn't correctly update your server to 1.0.5.1

I used to have that error and it was because my server was missing some files from 1.0.5.1 and I was using 1.0.4.2

Make sure you are using the correct files with the scripts and stuff, remember some of your scripts made you copy files from certain *.pbo files into your MPMission/custom folder or w/e you are doing, so you have to do the same but now with the new files of 1.0.5.1, because you might be using outdated *.pbo/*.sqf files in your scripts.

Also make sure you are not using old loot table codes, like trying to add overwatch loot to your server with old code.

I have had the host reinstall epoch 1.0.5.1  3 or 4 times so it's 100% not that. Plus this is vanilla epoch I'm running so there are no scripts. I have been in contact with Vert and we both believe that it is the beta patch error as Glenn suggested along with the map, as I'm able to run epoch 1.0.5.1 on Chernarus with out the error on the same host.