Armed Osprey/Editing Vehicles

OneShotPaddy

Question

Hello folks,

So a friend showed me this a while back ago and I haven't delved too deep into it yet. I wanted to know if anyone thinks it could work on Epoch and what modifications may need to be made (or if there is a better mod already in existence). 

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15695&highlight=MV%2B22%2BGUNNER

I'd like to modify vehicles a bit or at least arm the Osprey in realistic fashion. I can't seem to make this mod work on my Epoch server but that could just be me being dumb.

Any advice is appreciated in advance guys, thanks.

In addition, if anyone knows a way to make windows bullet-resistant in armored vehicles that'd be fantastic.

8 answers to this question

Update:

This is the thread from the BI forums 

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?128251-MV22-Door-Gunner-Project&highlight=door+gunner

So far I've put the @POOK folder in the server directory and put the PBO file from the mod into @Dayz_Epoch\addons folder. I apologize in advance for my noobishness :) as I'm not entirely certain what it takes to make an ARMA 2 mod work with Epoch.

So far I've put the @POOK folder in the server directory and put the PBO file from the mod into @Dayz_Epoch\addons folder. I apologize in advance for my noobishness :) as I'm not entirely certain what it takes to make an ARMA 2 mod work with Epoch.

Finally, someone that is willing to get their hands dirty, and not just 'expect' the community to do this stuff for them.

Let me correct a couple things here:

• The .PBO, should remain in the @POOK folder.
  • The @POOK folder should go into the root install of your server - with the @dayz_epoch_server, @dayz_epoch, @ibr_plants, @ibr_rn, etc, etc folders.
  • You need to add the @POOK folder to the .BAT file that you are starting your server with. Look for the above names, then add @POOK at the end.
    • "-mod=@panthera;@ibr_plants;@ibr_rn;@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;@POOK;"
    • - note that this is for a panthera map server, yours may be different.
  • Any player, or yourself, that wants to play, MUST have this @POOK mod as well, AND have it set to load with the game!
Now to get this particular 22 into the game, you could go several ways. Seeing as you are a bit more Grasshopper than Sensei, let's try this route:

This will add your new 22 to the Traders, where you can buy.

Get that working, and then we can talk about how to make it spawn randomly.

Hope that helps! ;)

=170= Sven2157

Well you know how it goes: you're either a part of the solution or a part of the problem, and thank you :) .

I've reloaded a backup and started fresh from my last stable update just to make sure I didn't have any erroneous files. Now that I've put the .PBO and folder where it should go, I attempted to follow that video. I'm working with Navicat so things are a little different and I tried to follow along however my database doesn't include a traders_items table. It does have the traders_data table however, so I tried to modify just that but to no avail. My guess is that I need that other table?

In addition I'm working out how to install and use myPHP since I've never touched it and am brand new to databasing. I'll get back to you when I either figure out how to make the traders_items table or use MyPHPAdmin. 

Good job.

When I don't have phpMyAdmin available, I use MySQL Workbench as it is free and is created by Oracle( the same people that make the MySQL database engine ).

The `traders_data` table is the one that you are looking for. I believe that `traders_items` is from a previous version of Epoch.

You should have access to phpMyAdmin though, which then negates Navicat and MySQL Workbench. Are you running this off your own computer with WAMP/XAMP, or is this a game server you rent?

Oh, ok I was confused when that table wasn't present. And yes I have a dedicated server machine on fiber and I use XAMPP. 

Strangely, after editing the files I was unable to see the items in the traders inventories while in game. I gave the vehicle the same number as an aircraft dealer (152?) and set it to an affile of something to the effect of "...any_vehicle" (I apologize as I'm not able to access the machine at the moment that's the closest account I can give).

At the moment I'm still learning how to operate PHPMyAdmin as I can't seem to locate any kind of executable but that's likely by design so after my final exam tomorrow I will dedicate some more time to understanding its use.

Oh, ok I was confused when that table wasn't present. And yes I have a dedicated server machine on fiber and I use XAMPP.

I use WAMP myself, but XAMPP should have phpMyAdmin.

Strangely, after editing the files I was unable to see the items in the traders inventories while in game. I gave the vehicle the same number as an aircraft dealer (152?) and set it to an affile of something to the effect of "...any_vehicle" (I apologize as I'm not able to access the machine at the moment that's the closest account I can give).

It is most likely working. Is that Aircraft Dealer( 152 ) on the map you play? You can find out which TID you need by running this query in phpMyAdmin - click the SQL tab:

SELECT * FROM `server_traders` WHERE `instance` = ADD.YOUR.MAP.INSTANCE.NUMBER.HERE
Panthera map, is instance 16, Chenarus is instance 11. I use Panthera on my server, so I would use 16 there. The results returned will show ONLY the dealers on the map you play. Grab their TID and use that to insert your vehicle.

At the moment I'm still learning how to operate PHPMyAdmin as I can't seem to locate any kind of executable but that's likely by design so after my final exam tomorrow I will dedicate some more time to understanding its use.

And you won't find any executables. This is a database, and all it does is store data; much like a excel spreadsheet. However, it is much, much MORE powerful. Instead of functions, like Excel, it uses Standard( or Structured ) Query Language to retrieve the desired data.

Here is a website that will help you understand how to retrieve data from a SQL database. W3 Schools SQL

And of course, if you have any questions, post back! ;)

=170= Sven2157

Well thus far, I have attempted to add the vehicle to the hero trader and what I believe to be the aircraft dealer on Chernarus. However, when I start up the server and head in, the item is on neither list. I've double checked the classname of the vehicle and even attempted to add 2 versions of the vehicle.

In regards to PHPMyAdmin, I've been unsuccessful in getting it to work. I looked up a tutorial video and used both google chrome and command prompt to try to open something in relation to PHP. Google chrome will not let me access "localhost\..." to utilize any of the php content I found in the PHPMyAdmin folders. So that is something I'll have to try a bit later. Though I DID get Navicat to find the traders with the instance of 11. Unfortunately all I find is the following:

1 CIV_EuroMan01_EP1 11 friendly Weapons Trader - Bash
2 Rocker4 11 friendly Weapons Trader - Klen
3 Woodlander3 11 friendly Parts Trader - Bash
4 Woodlander1 11 friendly Parts Trader - Klen
5 RU_WorkWoman1 11 friendly ["ItemTinBar","TrashJackDaniels",1,1,"buy","Empty Wiskey Bottle","Tin Bar",101] Can Trader - Klen
6 RU_WorkWoman5 11 friendly ["ItemTinBar","TrashJackDaniels",1,1,"buy","Empty Wiskey Bottle","Tin Bar",101] Can Trader - Bash
7 Rita_Ensler_EP1 11 neutral ["ItemTinBar","TrashJackDaniels",1,1,"buy","Empty Wiskey Bottle","Tin Bar",101] Can Trader - Stary
8 CIV_EuroMan02_EP1 11 friendly Ammo Trader - Bash
9 RU_Citizen3 11 friendly Ammo Trader - Klen
10 Pilot_EP1 11 neutral Ammo Trader - Stary
11 Worker3 11 friendly Auto Trader - Bash
12 Profiteer4 11 friendly Auto Trader - Klen
13 Dr_Hladik_EP1 11 friendly ["FoodBioMeat","ItemZombieParts",1,1,"buy","Zombie Parts","Bio Meat",101] Doctor - Bash
14 Doctor 11 friendly ["FoodBioMeat","ItemZombieParts",1,1,"buy","Zombie Parts","Bio Meat",101] Doctor - Klen
15 RU_Functionary1 11 friendly Hero Traders
16 RU_Villager3 11 neutral Boat Trader
17 TK_CIV_Takistani04_EP1 11 neutral High End Weapons
18 RU_Citizen4 11 neutral Wholesaler - Solnichniy
19 RU_Citizen1 11 neutral Wholesaler - Balota

I'm still working on it, this is just a status update. I appreciate all the help so far :)