Your opinions on plot poles and maintenance.

Incar

10 members have voted

1. 1. Make your pick

• I don't like plot poles, but I need to be able to maintain everything in one click.
    • Plot poles are required to make life hard on noobs.
    • I don't like plot poles, and I don't mind repairing each item individually.
    • My base will have 200+ parts, you're crazy if you think I'll repair it piece by piece.
    • It's whatever!

I'm just curious about people opinions on the subject of plot poles and base maintenance. Requiring a plot pole for building is a bit much I think, but do you guys think it's truly required for repairing your base? How many of you would actually gather lumber and mortar to repair a base if needed? Would you leave a server if it didn't have plot pole maintenance? Or do you think it would add to the experience?

Play on a server where people don't have plot poles. You will find:

1. People build things in places just to grief others. Wall over your door, random things in roads, and I've actually seen one person wall in Klen just outside the "can't build" area.

2. People will build things up over other's bases and then the person who has that base can't easily get rid of the unwanted addition.

Plot poles are there to restrict people building all sort of crap in inappropriate places and do a fairly good job.  If you want a base then you should have to work or it.

Maintenance is there to give a pseudo realistic mechanism to an admin helper process that allows buildables that are placed naturally get removed if they are not actively wanted (i.e. not maintained). How effective this is depends on its configuration by the server owner but it can work pretty well.  It also gives a motivation to earn gold one way or another, in order to keep your base so drives player activity to some extent.

I personally think the plot poles and maintenance are pretty good solutions to a couple of major issues for server owner / admins (although maintenance could be fine tuned a bit).

RB