[TUTORIAL] Only if you have a dedibox or hosting on your own PC!

Indiculous

Question

Alright first thing is first

1) Realize that what your getting your self into is not easy and is alot of work!

2)Lets go over things you will need to begin.

Dayz epoch server files : http://goo.gl/9YqyGA
Dayz Epoch Client files : Use Dayz commander 

Ok Now that you have ll the files you need go ahead and make a new folder anywhere on your computer and call it Epoch Servers.

Now navigate to your Steam directory C:\programfiles(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 2

Find Arma 2 

Inside the arma 2 folder highlight ALL the files that means ALL inside the arma 2 folder.  Copy them by pressing CTRL+C Or right click and copy.

Paste the copied files into your Epoch Servers Folder.

Now Go back and find your Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead And do the same exact thing. EXECPT! Dont Copy and mods just the defualt files . (mods) example : @dayz @dayz_epoch

Now once you have done that you need to download the Epoch serve files these will be packed in a rar file.

Open it up and just copy all the files in that into that Epoch Servers folder and click copy and replace on everything.

then go to the config-examples folder and find the selected map you chose and copy and paste it into the root of your folder. you should copy | The instance folder and the batch file |

Now open the batch file using notepad++ You can do so by right clicking and clicking Edit With Notepad++.

set the port to what you want it to be normally you can just put 2302.

Now inside that batch file at the very very end you can chose to put this (-cpuCount=1) the number is number is how many cores you want the server to use. i recommend 1-2 .
Save the file and run it once wait until is says host created then close it.

Now in your instance folder for example instance_11_Chernarus , there is a config.cfg file open it with Notpad++ and edit it around to your liking its very easy.

don't worry with the basic.cfg

ok so now when you run the server you should see the name is whatever you named it. how ever no one can join just yet!

next step is port forwarding.

I know when you saw "Port forwarding" you were probably like FUCK!

No its not hard at all its so easy that your going to think your retarded!

What you need to do is open your file browser and type in the address bar "10.0.0.1" you will probabaly come up to a login screen.
Ask your internet provider or your parents the login information if you dont know it.

find port forwarding tab witch could be under advanced or somthing like that.

you want to open a new port below i will post the ports needed to open and the type
2302 UDP
2303 UDP
2305 UDP

Ok now you want to download navicat for sql and you want to download xampp.

This is to much for me to type from here i will link you a video that will show you how to setup the database or ill make one!

5 answers to this question