Sound Help

Incar

Question

So I'm doing some tweaks to the weapon upgrading script I use, I've added the following command to play sound when performing an upgrade...

playSound "z_repair_0";

However it's really really really quiet in comparison to every other game sound. Is there something I can to to increase the volume of it?

6 answers to this question

when you add the sound to Description.ext you put the volume next to it (where 1 is full volume) followed by the duration of the sound so make sure that's set to full, don't know if you can go above 1....

Other than that if the sound effect is just quiet even at full volume edit it in Audacity or something to make it louder then re-upload it.

I didn't make a custom CfgSounds and not sure where the file originates (still getting used to organization) so I believe it's probably set to 0.3 based on scripts I saw online. Either way not important, I copied the method from the repair.sqf and the volume is perfect.

The alert zombie part isn't working atm but I'm sure I'll get it worked out in time. If any has insight on it would be appreciated however, but not required. Thanks for trying to help with sound guys.

private ["_sfx"];

_dis=20;
_sfx = "repair";
[player,_sfx,0,false,_dis] call dayz_zombieSpeak;
[player,_dis,true,(getPosATL player)] spawn player_alertZombies;

what does the distance do in dayz_zombieSpeak ??? is it how far zombies hear you or is it howfar everybody hears it ?

I'm assuming just zombies, not 100% certain though. Thanks for saying that though, made my dumbass realize I didn't add the "_dis" to private. In the end both players and zombies should hear it though, I believe they both hear when a player crafts items or repairs vehicles, both of which use that snippet I think. Unable to really test though, nobody is getting on my server, and other admins are at work. I'll update more later if you wish, once I can test.

CfgSounds would be in your description.ext.

Thanks, I'll take a look.