How many servers can be on one VM

CrDraggin

Question

5 answers to this question

Yep. I have two on a dedicated, VM should make no difference. Just as with a dedi, you just need to be mindful of resources (ram, CPU, disk space and iops). Fairly standard stuff really.

You will probably need to setup separate ports for connecting too. Mine work on separate ports but you need to search on server name and port to connect if it is not the default. You could probably setup a proxy for port redirection if you have a block of ip addresses.

Thank you very much for the quick post. If you do not mind, how many people do you have on your server and how much resources (roughly) is it taking up? I need to decide to either expand to another box if 1 VM does not cut it due to CPU/Datastore/Memory restrictions.

Current info is 2GB ram and 2cores of 3GHz or above per ARMA II server instance plus a bit for the OS.

My sertup is private so cannot really give you any figures as I tend to have a couple of players and lots of AI and no hackers  ;) .  That is likely to change later this month though.