setting time on server

Ventana

Question

I have a Vilayer as host.  their customer service is terrible.  I've asked them for help on this twice with no response.    No matter what I do my server is running 1 hr behind.  I've set the correct offset to -5.  nothing I do works,

14 answers to this question

vilayer has a menu function to set the offset.  I'm In NYC.  I set it to -5.  I set my profile to the same -5.  they also have a menu item to check the server time.  when I run that it says the server is set to EST Daylight savings time off.  that's the problem the server is 1 hr behind real time.  have no idea how to change thois and Vilayer does not answer my tickets.

You said there are other places, Where else can this be set?

Yeah sorry man I'm not sure then. Sorry to hear ViLayer isn't getting back to you, hopefully someone else can chime in and assist you with this issue. Good luck.

Appreciate the help just the same.  I don't know what happened to Vilayer.  they always answered right away but sine DayZ SA came put the pretty much suck.

Appreciate the help just the same.  I don't know what happened to Vilayer.  they always answered right away but sine DayZ SA came put the pretty much suck.

Yeah they are probably off playing it instead of working :P we use Vert Hosting (moved from Dayz.st) and they are actually extremely quick and helpful when we contact them for help.

You could check one last thing... try looking at your hiveext.ini file and make sure the offset is correct in there, here's what you'll need it to be:

[Time]
;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
Type = Custom
;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
Offset = -4
;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
;Hour = 0

Yes, I've tried many combos here.  I have a six hr restart working and I want the server to be set to 1600 every restart so I have it set to

[Time]
Type = static
Hour = 1600

The thing is I have a second server with the same settings and it works fine.

Yes, I've tried many combos here.  I have a six hr restart working and I want the server to be set to 1600 every restart so I have it set to

[Time]

Type = static

Hour = 1600

The thing is I have a second server with the same settings and it works fine.

I think your hour value should be a two digit number.