Restart Messages.

Desire

Question

6 answers to this question

No, it has nothing to do with AH, don't worry. Those are BEC messages.

Yes, I know they are. But i use vilayer and it has Battleye Extended Controls. am I able to use the server messages addon that they provide me with, with your code?

Hey, sorry I am not sure about that addon, man. These messages are used with scheduler.xml that comes with BEC, that's pretty much all there is. The XML is called from:

BEC\Config\Config.cfg

[Misc]
Scheduler = Scheduler.xml

It is quite straight forward procedure.

However since you mention Vilayer now, someone reported that #shutdown option for restart (in the code I posted) could cause problems with database, since Vilayer also shuts down mysql together with server. Maybe that's why they provide third party solution like the addon you mentioned? I have honestly no idea what that addon looks like and what it does.

Hey, sorry I am not sure about that addon, man. These messages are used with scheduler.xml that comes with BEC, that's pretty much all there is. The XML is called from:

BEC\Config\Config.cfg

[Misc]
Scheduler = Scheduler.xml

It is quite straight forward procedure.

However since you mention Vilayer now, someone reported that #shutdown option for restart (in the code I posted) could cause problems with database, since Vilayer also shuts down mysql together with server. Maybe that's why they provide third party solution like the addon you mentioned? I have honestly no idea what that addon looks like and what it does.

I have actually thought a bit on the post you are referring to - and while I agree that ViLayer shuts down server as it starts/stops, it also does shut down the Bec server.

As Nothing related to Bec is stored in the DB, there is nothing that should be causing issues at all with the #shutdown command.

Issues that usually plagues Bec (stops at random, server misses restart and keeps on going for 3h 670min) can all be related to the Bec server dying for some reason, or the user changing something that makes Bec unhappy.

Sure, it probably has it's own internal issues and bugs, but the same XML running on an HFB server is easily moved over to a ViLayer server and will run smooth.

Now, some will argue that this is bad practice, and that an Arma server needs a full scheduled hard stop and restart, therefore using Scheduled tasks are supreme... well..  I respect their opinion and that they want to do so - both versions work. If you plan on leaving server running for weeks without touching it, then scheduled restarts outside of Bec is probably a good idea.