BEC

shaundibble69

Question

Hi Guys

im a relatively new admin but a quick learner. I have been running an Epoch Cherno for couple of months and havent found a script i cant get my head around (in the end). Thanks for the hard work, those that create them. [​IMG]

I am running a dedicated Host, Cherno Epoch and BEC is running smoothly.

I have created a 2nd MAP - Panthera Epoch which is running fine (own database, own mission, own server files)
but i cant get the BEC to see this other server for love or money and i am ready to take a hammer to my screen [​IMG].

please can you let me know how you guys do it as i have tried everything i can think of and everytime i get the same error
No Valid response. Trying to reconnect

also what is the best practice for having multiple maps running on one dedi box.
I have had it working as seperate @hive, arma.exe

and also as completely seperate full arma/armoa directories fpr the 2nd server and seperate BEC folders but nothing seems to work. The server works as i can login to the panthera map.

Cherno is port 2302
panthera is port 2325

here is my panthera config
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[bec]
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ip = 127.0.0.1
Port = 2325
BePath = C:\panthera\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye
Admins = C:\ServerTools\Becpanth\Config\Admins.xml
Commands = C:\ServerTools\Becpanth\Config\Commands.xml

[Misc]
Ban = 3
ConsoleHeight = 45
ConsoleWidth = 165
AsciiNickOnly = False
AsciiChatOnly = True
IgnoreChatChars = €,£,æ,Æ,ø,Ø,å,Å,ö,ä,ü,ß
Warnings = 6
MinPlayerNameLength = 2
MaxPlayerNameLength = 20
ServerExeName = arma2oaserver.exe
WordFilterFile = C:\ServerTools\Becpanth\Config\BadWords.txt
Scheduler = C:\ServerTools\Becpanth\Config\Scheduler.xml

here is my cherno config
[bec]
Ip = 127.0.0.1
Port = 2302
BePath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye
Admins = C:\ServerTools\Bec\Config\Admins.xml
Commands = C:\ServerTools\Bec\Config\Commands.xml
[Misc]
Ban = 3
ConsoleHeight = 45
ConsoleWidth = 165
AsciiNickOnly = False
AsciiChatOnly = True
IgnoreChatChars = €,£,æ,Æ,ø,Ø,å,Å,ö,ä,ü,ß
Warnings = 6
MinPlayerNameLength = 2
MaxPlayerNameLength = 20
ServerExeName = arma2oaserver.exe
WordFilterFile = C:\ServerTools\Bec\Config\BadWords.txt
Scheduler = C:\ServerTools\Bec\Config\Scheduler.xml

Thank you in advance anyone that can help

3 answers to this question

Here we go!!

First you can run multiple maps / instances out of one armaOA Server folder. It will need to contain all the standard arma2 (addons folder), arma2OA (All files and folders) and epoch files and folders. You will need to use 2 different instance folders provided in the epoch server files one for cherno and one for panthera. In each folder you can configure the server settings. You will need to use seperate arma0a2server.exe for each instance you run, located in the expansions\beta\ folder. Example:

Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver_panthera.exe

Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver_cherno.exe

As for BEC you will need to make seperate BEC folders and bec.exe for each instance. For example:

BEC_panthera\bec_panthera.exe

BEC_cherno\bec_cherno.exe

In the Battleye folder you need to have a file called BEServer.cfg that contains the following:

RConPassword addrconpasswordhere
MaxPing 300

In your server batch file to start the server you will need to specify the correct arma2oaserver.exe as stated above and also list the correct bec.exe to run. Example:

echo Starting server..

echo Starting server...
cd /D "C:\Server_1\"
start "arma2" /min "Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver_panthera.exe" -ip=127.0.0.1 -port=2325 "-config=instance_16_panthera\config.cfg" "-cfg=instance_16_panthera\basic.cfg" "-profiles=instance_16_panthera" -name=instance_16_panthera "-mod=@panthera;@ibr_plants;@ibr_rn;@DayZEpochPanthera_Epoch;@DayZEpochPanthera_Panthera;@DayZ_Epoch_Server_Panthera;"
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
echo Starting BEC...
cd /D "C:\Server_1\BEC_panthera\"
start bec_panthera.exe -f panthera_day.cfg
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 2 >NUL

Hope this helps

Edited by Mr.Pig

thank you for the response but this didn't fix my problem, don't know what the hell is going on.

Cherno - everything works

Panth - Server boots and shows in dayzcommaner and people can join, BEC boots up  and checks for updates and says its up to date then this bloody